Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. This is my SP Velosteraptor. :D

This is my first Hyundai. I needed a car ASAP and there were no PP within ~200 miles so....

IMG_20190215_105838.jpg

·
Banned
127 Posts
LMAO, Like the reference!! Welcome, enjoy and have fun!!:wink::grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wondering if Hyundai misjudged the market for this product, as there doesn't appear to be enough of the PP models to go around. Heck, I've seen the BP N's for as low as $23k, which is completely absurd and and heckuva deal. When I break down the competition, I don't really SEE much competition. I actually like Ford products for the most part, but I didn't fit in the Focus ST or Fiesta ST Recaro seats AT ALL, so purchasing one of them was impossible (I'm 6'2 and 210 pounds, and the seats literally cut into my thighs). The GTI isn't quite in the same league as the N, and Golf R is stupid expensive. Still, the Volkswagens are nice cars, but you don't want to have to pay for maintenance once the warranty wears off (although Volkswagen significantly boosted factory warranty after getting busted in "Diesel Gate").

I love the Hyundai for its sportiness, uniqueness, and a warranty you just can't touch. And although the N doesn't have Recaro seats, I haven't heard anything but glowing reviews about them, and Recaros can be a love-hate thing anyway.

Currently I drive a Pontiac G8 GT, and I love my car. Problem is, I miss having a manual, and my car is going to need a bit of work, so I'm planning on buying a Veloster N at the end of 2019. I previously drove a Mazdaspeed3, and I adored that car. Veloster N is similar but BETTER, and I've pretty much made up my mind. Funny thing is, my dad is also in love with the Veloster N, and he lives about a mile down the road from me, so we'll be fighting over who gets to buy the Performance Blue!

I'm also in Florida, and I haven't seen a Veloster N in my city yet. There's one or two in Georgia, but I certainly can't find any PP versions close at all.

·
Banned
127 Posts
I've seen the BP N's for as low as $23k, which is completely absurd and and heckuva deal.
Show me one standard that has been sold for $23K?

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
75 Posts
Show me one standard that has been sold for $23K?

Blessings and Peace
Yeah, I also doubt the availability at this point of an N minus the PP for 23K. You do see internet prices with what appears to be a low sell price......until you are faced with dealer add-ons (the worst I've seen came to $2,700.) They also can add in rebates or incentives that are not available to most buyers. So in some cases the dealer with a low internet price might really be asking you to pay at or above MSRP. I have also called and e-mailed dealers who have told me mistakes were made on their internet site and the price was not valid.

I do think dealers are discounting the Standard N considerably more than the N w/PP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scrizz, your new N looks to be in Performance Blue! I say "looks to be" because the Chalk White can look like the blue in certain lighting. How are you liking the color? Getting good comments? I have seen all the other available colors but none in PBlue.................

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scrizz, your new N looks to be in Performance Blue! I say "looks to be" because the Chalk White can look like the blue in certain lighting. How are you liking the color? Getting good comments? I have seen all the other available colors but none in PBlue.................

yeah, It is "performance blue". I constantly get ladies commenting on how they love the color :wink:
I love this car. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I also doubt the availability at this point of an N minus the PP for 23K. You do see internet prices with what appears to be a low sell price......until you are faced with dealer add-ons (the worst I've seen came to $2,700.) They also can add in rebates or incentives that are not available to most buyers. So in some cases the dealer with a low internet price might really be asking you to pay at or above MSRP. I have also called and e-mailed dealers who have told me mistakes were made on their internet site and the price was not valid.

Agree with this. Before buying my Veloster N with PP I actually shopped for a Civic Type R and several dealers made such "mistakes" with their internet pricing having their type Rs listed 2k to 4k off the MSRP. Ultimately none of them was willing to even sell at MSRP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts