Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys. Just got my N Tuesday and extremely happy with it. However, I noticed a blind spot on my low beam pattern. It’s not noticeable when I drive in the city. But when in the suburban areas with no street lights, it is very big and noticeable. I checked my headlights and there are no artifacts on or in the projectors. Has anyone had the same issue? Pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Every VN has it, mine included and it's normal. Even my wifes care has it. You can adjust the lights higher and it will help to eliminate it. My lights were adjusted far to low, so I adjusted them up and it nearly eliminated the issue altogether.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mine has the same, I assumed it was to not blind oncoming traffic. When traveling on a 2 lane road does that dark spot land where the oncoming traffic lane is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Every VN has it, mine included and it's normal. Even my wifes care has it. You can adjust the lights higher and it will help to eliminate it. My lights were adjusted far to low, so I adjusted them up and it nearly eliminated the issue altogether.
Ok, thank you. I am ok with it as long as it's normal. Maybe it's a Hyundai thing because I owned VW, Ford and Subaru and none of them had this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has the same, I assumed it was to not blind oncoming traffic. When traveling on a 2 lane road does that dark spot land where the oncoming traffic lane is?
That makes sense now. It is indeed at the spot where the oncoming traffic lane is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is to prevent dazzling other drivers. I had to make a clip to achieve the same effect in my JDM car to avoid tickets. People don't like it when your lights go directly into their eyes. Is the car sold in any RHD markets? It would be interesting to see if they had the opposite beam pattern.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is to prevent dazzling other drivers. I had to make a clip to achieve the same effect in my JDM car to avoid tickets. People don't like it when your lights go directly into their eyes. Is the car sold in any RHD markets? It would be interesting to see if they had the opposite beam pattern.
I think they sell i30n in Australia and UK. I am kind of interested in it too.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Yes the i30N is sold all overEurope, Russia, Australia, UK, Ireland, Isle of Mann. The VN is sold in the US, Canada, South Korea, and proposed by Hyundai to be sold in Australia, once again. Chile is the only country that gets both.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes the i30N is sold all overEurope, Russia, Australia, UK, Ireland, Isle of Mann. The VN is sold in the US, Canada, South Korea, and proposed by Hyundai to be sold in Australia, once again. Chile is the only country that gets both.
Do you know if the i30N has the opposite beam pattern? That is to say a blind spot on the left side to prevent dazzling the oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am glad I found this thread. My wife was just commenting about the blind spot right at her driving position. I moved the car for her this morning and see it too. She is going to take a picture of it on our local drag strip.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I already get flashed occasionally around slight bends when oncoming traffic is outside that V shaped dark spot. If I eliminated the dark spot I imagine I'd be getting flashed regularly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I am glad I found this thread. My wife was just commenting about the blind spot right at her driving position. I moved the car for her this morning and see it too. She is going to take a picture of it on our local drag strip.
I noticed the blind spot the first night I took a friend out for a drive. It was huge when there were no street lights around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts