Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i recently purchased the Alcantara shift knob and boot. I can remove the OEM knob and boot just fine but i am having some trouble swapping out the reverse lockout?

I attached an image and circled what i am trying to swap over to the Alcantara one

·
Registered
2020 PP Veloster N in Racing Red
21 Posts
Hello, i recently purchased the Alcantara shift knob and boot. I can remove the OEM knob and boot just fine but i am having some trouble swapping out the reverse lockout? View attachment 3869
I attached an image and circled what i am trying to swap over to the Alcantara one
Boomba Racing has a pretty comprehensive teardown video for the shifter base on youtube (skip to 3:33 in the video):

It looks like the reverse lockout ring should just come right off with the shift boot. Are you having trouble removing the ring from the old boot? If so I'd imagine some careful prying with plastic pry bars might do the trick...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boomba Racing has a pretty comprehensive teardown video for the shifter base on youtube (skip to 3:33 in the video):

It looks like the reverse lockout ring should just come right off with the shift boot. Are you having trouble removing the ring from the old boot? If so I'd imagine some careful prying with plastic pry bars might do the trick...
i ended up having some trouble with moving the silver portion. i ended up just taking a knife and carefully moving the plastic parts holding it in place lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts