Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the stereo system to recognize my ipod touch when I plug it into the USB port. I have used two Apple USB cords and one aftermarket USB cord and the media and AppleCar Play icons remain greyed out on my display. I was told by a service person that the reason the system will not recognize my ipod touch is due to the Apple ios update (12.5). He informed me that Hyundai has not caught up to the update yet. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a simpler solution around this so i can listen to my music in my car ? (other than bluetooth streaming which does work)

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
304 Posts
My iPhone is at 14.4.2 so I doubt 12.5 would be a problem unless is it too old. I have an MP3 player that I use when I work-out which has Bluetooth. The BT connects to small speakers when I am out on our patio so it is pretty flexible. It pairs just fine with my VN. I bought a small large capacity USB fob which I keep connected all the time anyway. I listen to whole albums...an age thing I think. An iPod via cable would work fine on my Gen Coupe which is over 10 years old. I have to think it is something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My iPhone is at 14.4.2 so I doubt 12.5 would be a problem unless is it too old. I have an MP3 player that I use when I work-out which has Bluetooth. The BT connects to small speakers when I am out on our patio so it is pretty flexible. It pairs just fine with my VN. I bought a small large capacity USB fob which I keep connected all the time anyway. I listen to whole albums...an age thing I think. An iPod via cable would work fine on my Gen Coupe which is over 10 years old. I have to think it is something else.
I can pair the ipod to stream but the quality is not as good as plugging the ipod directly with a USB cord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts