Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mechanic install my short shifter & bushings and I’m having some issues, for example on the odd gears when I pull the stick down it makes a noise and also also a weird small pause along with it like an extra place I can stop at before neutral. I’m wondering if this is normal? I have some video examples, also there’s a lot of vibration on the stick especially on the highway

Video example: Streamable Video

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration is normal from the bushings. Can't speak to just odd gears, but there is a bushing on the shift lever:
that if isn't removed, it will cause issues with 3rd and 4th.

Could also be that the shift cables were not fully reseated if you also got the transmission bracket bushings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rubber was removed, and mechanic says he did everything else right 🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibration is normal from the bushings. Can't speak to just odd gears, but there is a bushing on the shift lever: View attachment 3074 that if isn't removed, it will cause issues with 3rd and 4th.

Could also be that the shift cables were not fully reseated if you also got the transmission bracket bushings.

·
Registered
362 Posts
He might not have properly adjusted the gear linkage. Its a long process of adjusting, rolling through the gears and re adjusting until all the gears go in smoothly and properly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or even worse, he adjusted them, but didn't lock them properly
Update:
Took it to a shop to get inspected, they checked it out and said the shifter spring is rubbing on the boomba short shifter. They said there’s nothing we can do. Not sure if this is normal or this is a defective part by Boomba.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a mechanic install my short shifter & bushings and I’m having some issues, for example on the odd gears when I pull the stick down it makes a noise and also also a weird small pause along with it like an extra place I can stop at before neutral. I’m wondering if this is normal? I have some video examples, also there’s a lot of vibration on the stick especially on the highway

Video example: Streamable Video
Update:
Took it to a shop to get inspected, they checked it out and said the shifter spring is rubbing on the boomba short shifter. They said there’s nothing we can do. Not sure if this is normal or this is a defective part by Boomba.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts