Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Having a muffler shop remove the resonator tomorrow

7K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  RedVN 
#1 ·
2021 dct getting the resonator removed tomorrow. Is there a secondary cat as well on these cars that can be removed? I’m only doing this to she’s more weight on the car. Trying to get around low 3k lbs so looking to lose 200 or so lbs.

#2 ·
A good way to do that is to get lighter wheels, you can easily save about 40lbs in just wheels. Another would be lighter brakes which could save another 25-ish pounds if you get some really light rotors. a resonator delete will save weight but not all that much, I am guessing here but maybe 5 pounds or so. Next would have to be interior, but since it's all plastic, I don't see you losing weight unless you fully stripped it. beyond that I am not sure what you can do to strip weight. unfortunately having the DCT your car is automatically a decent amount heavier than the manual.

#3 ·
Depending on the State you live in you might have to install the secondary cat for emissions annually. That was common with the Gen Coupe. Test pipe - > cat - test pipe -> cat, etc.

#16 ·
Before you go chopping up your exhaust, let me make it clear that there is only a SINGLE catalyst

View attachment 6393

View attachment 6392

Yellow circle is the catalyst. Red is the flex pipe section. Blue is the resonator.

There is no secondary cat.
Ok that is what i thought when I saw the diagram but I looked at some other threads that said it was a catalyst.

#18 ·
Yeah so the resonator is gone for 60 bucks they used spare piping they had didn’t get a chance to actually see the welds but he made sure he welded it all the way around. The guy didn’t even wear the protective gear he literally just worked on it with a tshirt and jeans lmfao

#22 · (Edited)
@veNom @JerseyN @Jimmychanga

Posted it up in a different thread!

#31 ·
To anyone who ever drove cars with out them, it’s not extremely dangerous!

This is big brother attempting convince you they are, for the sake of the big insurance company lobbyist and the agencies who mandate them.

For California it’s illegal but they are in another world out there with CARB, their legislature and their damn cancer warning stickers. They are truly nuts!🤣

Just more crap to deal with and more complicated systems. They don’t believe in the old adage; KISS. (keep it simple stupid)🤣👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.