Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N Lunar White DCT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve heard Vroom isn’t too great to buy a car from but am interested in knowing if anyone here has dealt with them before. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vroom is often hit or miss. I got my VN from Vroom in January 2022. Traded in a car for it as well.

They tried to pick up my car before delivering the VN. I denied that. About 2 weeks later they sorted out drop-off of the VN and pick-up of my trade-in on the same delivery. There was about a 3-week lag between finalizing my order and getting the car delivered to my office.

The car was as expected and listed. No funny business.

The other side of it was registration of the new car. That process took 4 months of back and forth. My temp plates expired and they did not send another temp tag with a renewal. I had to email support constantly to get a response. I was hassled by local police but had printed my paperwork and emails to support showing them I have been trying to get my car registered. That was the nightmare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vroom is often hit or miss. I got my VN from Vroom in January 2022. Traded in a car for it as well.

They tried to pick up my car before delivering the VN. I denied that. About 2 weeks later they sorted out drop-off of the VN and pick-up of my trade-in on the same delivery. There was about a 3-week lag between finalizing my order and getting the car delivered to my office.

The car was as expected and listed. No funny business.

The other side of it was registration of the new car. That process took 4 months of back and forth. My temp plates expired and they did not send another temp tag with a renewal. I had to email support constantly to get a response. I was hassled by local police but had printed my paperwork and emails to support showing them I have been trying to get my car registered. That was the nightmare.
Sounds like a nightmare. Just like Carvana when buying.

I've sold to Carvana before and have no problems selling to Carvana or Vroom again. But I don't think I'd ever buy from them. Especially in states with stricter car registration policies.

·
Read Only
42 Posts
Hello or maybe goodbye would be more suiting. I sold my VN DCT back to the dealer. I had it for a year and put a whopping 1800 miles on it. I'm an old guy that liked polishing on it more than driving it I guess. Anyway, we decided to move back to Indianapolis to be with family in a few weeks. The roads there are probably the worst on the planet. There is no way that car could survive there. Selling the car back to Hyundai was a good choice for me. No hassle and they handled all the paperwork. I also got a good (surprisingly good) price for it. They need used cars badly!

So that's it for me. I would also like to say to RedVN I also enjoyed your posts and read them all.
Take care over and out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts