Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The problem is your tuners location. Need revisions? You're back to your stock ecu for a month minimum.

I think most people here wouldn't have any problems paying a little bit more from well known reputable places where the turn around time for revisions could be a week minimum.

With that said that may be the reason you're the first.
Yeah I get what your saying, I took this route cause of my budget but he is opening up a website for the US, he is very known in the stinger platform over here in the states, but I’ll let y’all know the results! No hate here

·
Registered
Where can i find a Perf Blue DCT @msrp
5 Posts
Yeah I get what your saying, I took this route cause of my budget but he is opening up a website for the US, he is very known in the stinger platform over here in the states, but I’ll let y’all know the results! No hate here
may i ask what flex pipe you ended up using?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If you’re still utilizing the OEM time, midpipe and silencer, there won’t be an much loss in low end and mid range.👍🇺🇸
Yessss sirrrr been waiting for this guys to comment, I’m really just tryna provide a better alternative for people that wants a spare ecu that doesn’t cost 2grand (lap3 DCT) or 2.5g (sxth dct)Do you know if it fits the rpm flexpipe with the maintec downpipe ?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Yes, it fits as the flanges are made for the OEM exhaust.👍🇺🇸

Wouldn’t touch a canned/boxed Lap3 Pross tune, even if they gave it to me. It was developed in SK by Lap3 a division of SPIRRA from one VN.

This particular VN was down on performance even after it’s internals and turbocharger were upgraded. This was the first VN tuned by Lap3 Pross tuning in SK and a variant of this specific Pross tune today.👍🇺🇸

One tune doesn’t fit all and it needs to be adjusted for ambient and altitude conditions along with specific engine modifications.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
204 Posts
okay ty im trying to figure out if i want to use an rpm flexpipe or just stick with stock i dont wanna lose too much backpressure and therefore give up low end torque to just get some topend. But it seems all flexpipe are 3".
If I had a dime for everytime someone was concerned about back pressure on a turbo car lol .. the turbine is tiny and provides not only back pressure but a restriction even with a 4" straight through exhaust. Especially the vns turbo.

·
Administrator
2,070 Posts
My advice for disagreement is: If you don't like what's said, then change the station/channel... No one will ever agree on everything.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Desire 68

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
“Reputable,“ is a subjective term. There are a several boxed/canned tunes available. Just because they’re advertised on the internet, doesn’t mean they’re altogether reputable. I can think of several that aren’t, right off the top of my head.

There are plenty of reputable (excellent) dynamometer based tuners and they aren’t on the internet, mine included. I can drive in, strap it up, hook up the laptop and quickly tune or change the tune real-time. Just because the tuner is in SK and less expensive (charging a lower market value) then other so called reputable aftermarket tune companies, doesn’t mean he‘s any less reputable or accessible. It’s a matter of trust with all boxed/canned tunes. Owners are doing so, based upon previous experience from other other owners who have utilized their services.

Most of the tunes can be updated by the owner, if the tuner has the right OBD II equipment available for purchase/rental and opened sourced the tune. Revisions are only needed, if the specific owner has added modifications after the fact. Most who purchase canned tunes, won’t require any revision. Tuners only produce revisions for upgrades in aftermarket equipment.

I say this again; one tune doesn’t fit all. It’s dependent primarily upon the owners; altitude, ambient conditions and typical modifications theI’ve made. Automobile Manufactures make revisions for; emission, safety systems and corrections in OEM software and tunes. Aftermarket tuners do not, unless there are upgrades made to the engine by the owner after the fact.

Having a spare paired ECU or alternate means of transportation solves any problems with turn around time, when the ECU is sent back to a specific tuner.

Subjective commentary without any personal experience, regarding a specific tuner or aftermarket part/s are simply invalid. What they amount to is nothing but “trolling,” and need to be treated as such. Generally speaking, regarding aftermarket parts price determines quality. The most inexpensive aftermarket parts are generally an indicator or three things; owner has a limited budget and experience. Purchases are made with lesser expense instead of quality in mind. Also denotes short cut in overall quality compared to its rivals.

In the case of the HDT DP, quality of welding is very good in their photos but there are short cuts in materials and overall construction to make it one of the cheapest DP available ie; no heat shielding or provision for retaining the OEM heat shield. Inferior catalytic converter, for those who choose one. No 02 extender included or aftermarket gaskets to fit the ID of the larger DP on either end. I know this, because I also know other UK and European owners who have used their DP from another forum I frequent.

Additionally, the HDT is made for the i30N. Some aftermarket parts cross over from the i30N to the VN some don’t. Specific bends in the DP are made for the i30N chassis tunnel, which is not the same as the VN. So, there’s always a risk that a specific part won’t fit without modification/s. In this case, I’m specifically speaking about the flanges and unions between the OEM flex pipe and mid-pipe.

All in all, it’s the least expensive DP made for the i30N (@ $389.00) and not many i30N owners have purchased or are using one. However with shipping cost from Germany, in the end it's overpriced based upon its construction short cuts.👍🇺🇸

21 - 33 of 33 Posts