Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, today is a good day, I just got my ecu tune and downpipe from Korea, the tuner told me they make their own downpipe but to my surprise they gave me a maintec one, I will put a review as soon as I put it in, but the tune and downpipe itself doesn’t cost 2grand not even including shipping, just don’t know why people be taxing for ecu tubes for our car, so I decided to take things by myself and searched for a ecu tune that actually makes sense. Message me for more questions, I won’t reveal the tuner till I know it’s good.
Plant Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass
Plant Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass

Gas Auto part Packing materials Food Plastic wrap

Hand Automotive lighting Temporary tattoo Gas Elbow

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any info on the tune? Pricing, claimed gains, etc
Yes, it’s stage 2 and tuned on 93 and I should be seeing 290ish after I put everything in, it has all the goodies that lap3 and sxth has but with more options. It has smoother shifts from first and gear so no more bogging and every mode has different pops and bangs and you can control everything on the dash with the N menu. Also this matters to me, you can still use the auto start on our app with this ecu, I know lap3 sometimes you can’t use the app after installing theirs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome to hear. Interested to see how the tune works out for you. And I just ordered a maintec DP and flex pipe yesterday. Let me know how your install goes!!
Will do! I have the flexpipe also, just gonna put this sexy thing on there, he did say if I put the catless that I will see a tiny bit of flames but I told him I don’t want a flame tune lol

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
261 Posts
So it's not the cheapest at all. Stage 2 from sxth if you send in your ecu is $499. Maintec dp can be had for $485 and free shipping from shark. That's almost $300 cheaper...

Seems like you overpaid. Sxth stage 2 put me at 301whp.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it's not the cheapest at all. Stage 2 from sxth if you send in your ecu is $499. Maintec dp can be had for $485 and free shipping from shark. That's almost $300 cheaper...

Seems like you overpaid. Sxth stage 2 put me at 301whp.
Not really, They gave me a new ecu with it, I didn’t ship mine like yours. Downpipe was pretty cheap to me. I got the downpipe for 500.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
261 Posts
I didn't ship mine either. I purchased the space ecu when it was cheaper and have the ek1pro.

So essentially you saved $200 to get a tune not local or with a way to easily troubleshoot. If you have any issues you'll need to send your ecu back to Korea to get refreshed which isn't worth saving $200 imo but to each their own.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah sure it looks good, but so does the maintec - which has been highly recommended here and on multiple threads.
I bought a maintec, so my question for you is what makes your HDT DP more superior to the other alternatives? The welds? The brushed steel? If I'm being honest the only time I'll ever care about looks over functionality is when I first take it out of the box; which will go away once it's installed.

Ps: don't confuse my questions with trying to throw shade. We are all here for the same reason. Facts, performance, showing off, and providing insightful information.

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N PP MT
23 Posts
Yeah sure it looks good, but so does the maintec - which has been highly recommended here and on multiple threads.
I bought a maintec, so my question for you is what makes your HDT DP more superior to the other alternatives? The welds? The brushed steel? If I'm being honest the only time I'll ever care about looks over functionality is when I first take it out of the box; which will go away once it's installed.

Ps: don't confuse my questions with trying to throw shade. We are all here for the same reason. Facts, performance, showing off, and providing insightful information.
You're absolutely throwing shade. I didn't even reply to you and you took a jab at me. You're salty about something.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like any other downpipe, I mean if it boosts your confidence up I’ll tell you now it looks good on you.
You're absolutely throwing shade. I didn't even reply to you and you took a jab at me. You're salty about something.
it’s because you’re acting like you’re the best car enthusiast out there bragging about buying the cheapest dp out there, I didn’t even said anything about your dp till you stumbled upon my post. I’m posting this since If anyone wants an alternative for a cheaper spare ecu with the same options, but I mean you can judge all you want, it won’t really bother me. The tuner that I have is the go to tuner for Veloster n and the avante n In Korea, you see all those craYzy videos in Korea with their Veloster n? Well I have their tune and their ecu with the fraction of price.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
261 Posts
The problem is your tuners location. Need revisions? You're back to your stock ecu for a month minimum.

I think most people here wouldn't have any problems paying a little bit more from well known reputable places where the turn around time for revisions could be a week minimum.

With that said that may be the reason you're the first.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts