Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to save a few thousand, or more, so I'm looking for a used VN preferably with the performance pack. Of course, there aren't many on the used market yet and it's hard to gauge how much they should be going for.

So far I only found one, it's a 2020 with performance pack with 760 miles. Dealer is asking $27,200 + taxes and $700 in dealership fees. It seems that's about what some people are paying brand new. How much should this car depreciate just by stepping off the lot?

Also, there's a part of me that's concerned about why someone would return a car so quickly. I'm worried they may have been new to manual, beat on it, decided they didn't like stick and sold it back. How much damage can be done if that's the case?

·
Registered
876 Posts
$25K for a PP and $23K for a base model both with very low mileage. For a PP with 760 miles, no way would I pay $27K, walk away quickly. Look for $4.5K to $5K depreciation off the lot. You can buy a new base model for $27K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I figured. Someone else ended up buying it yesterday anyway. Since that was the only used one with PP within 200 miles, I'll probably end up getting a 10th gen Civic Si and waiting a couple years for these to really hit the used market.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would waste my money on a Honda Civic. Honda has enough problems with blowby and fuel dilution right now. And the problem is Honda doesn't have enough warranty, to make it a viable purchase with these two problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't going to be a long term car for me, so I'm not worried about the fuel dilution issue. Plus, there haven't been any reports of actual damage from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts