Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home on the 101 freeway in LA yesterday and a Golf R (maybe mk8?) starts doing pulls next to me in traffic and I glance over and he is recording with his phone and he started doing a honk count down so of course I oblige and we do a few 40mph rolling starts. I lose everyone.

If anyone sees the footage on social media please post it here so I can feel maximum shame and motivate me to keep modding my car.

Thanks y'all, and nice to meet everyone after stocking the forms for 9 months.

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
62 Posts
The fact you couldn't tell which Golf R generation it was is a big reason why I didn't want any Golf variant to begin with - too boring.

Welcome! I personally wouldn't do pulls in traffic - just take it to the track. The VN definitely holds its own. (y)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Driving home on the 101 freeway in LA yesterday and a Golf R (maybe mk8?) starts doing pulls next to me in traffic and I glance over and he is recording with his phone and he started doing a honk count down so of course I oblige and we do a few 40mph rolling starts. I lose everyone.

If anyone sees the footage on social media please post it here so I can feel maximum shame and motivate me to keep modding my car.

Thanks y'all, and nice to meet everyone after stocking the forms for 9 months.
i try to be careful and pick my battles when im in LA or OC. if you're interested in any track time. some of us N owners go to adams motorsports park for the time attack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i try to be careful and pick my battles when im in LA or OC. if you're interested in any track time. some of us N owners go to adams motorsports park for the time attack
yeahhh your right but wasn't reeeealy trying to push it but my commute makes me want to kill myself sometimes so it was fun to dick around for a few minutes. I was at laguna seca last month and ive been to button willow but never adams. sounds good hope someone posts about it next time so i know when yall go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fact you couldn't tell which Golf R generation it was is a big reason why I didn't want any Golf variant to begin with - too boring.

Welcome! I personally wouldn't do pulls in traffic - just take it to the track. The VN definitely holds its own. (y)
haha yeah aint that true. sounded good at least haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mk8 would have smoked you yeah. Buddy of mine has a Mk7 and its dead even, despite his car having a DSG. Maybe a couple feet in it every shifts.

Tho he's tuned now so not anymore, maybe that was the case with you too lol. Probably more Rs than not end up tuned 😅

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
119 Posts
Get a tune if you want to pull on stock golf r. I pull on my buddies a couple car lengths and more when he misses a shift.

Keep in mind from a dig he gets me out the gate, but I always catch up and end up in front.

Now, if his r was tuned...that would be a completely different story, at least until I get a pure turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts