Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2020 and I definitely have some sort of issue with rough starts and paused acceleration at times. Like the car will be at wot and halfway through the engine will just pause then accelerate again. It's only noticeable when driving very hard though. Dealer cooperation and willingness to help seems to be all over the board.
Wanted to update what I mentioned here. I was playing around with turning traction control completely off. Not just normal off but actually holding the button for 3 seconds totally off. This has solved most of the paused acceleration issues. Seems the computer was intervening quite a lot even when it wasn't needed. Still have sloppy performance when the engine is cold though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wanted to update what I mentioned here. I was playing around with turning traction control completely off. Not just normal off but actually holding the button for 3 seconds totally off. This has solved most of the paused acceleration issues. Seems the computer was intervening quite a lot even when it wasn't needed. Still have sloppy performance when the engine is cold though.
Any mods?
Sloppiness when cold ended up being due to airflow for me. Intake, turbo tube, downpipe and midpipe made a significant difference and low speed performance is really nice and smooth now even cold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just ordered the 2021 in shooting Star matte so hopefully they sorted some issues out with cold Accel.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just ordered the 2021 in shooting Star matte so hopefully they sorted some issues out with cold Accel.
I have a late 2019 so ive delt with the majority of the issues but theyve all either sorted themselves out or i fixed it myself. I cant speak for late 2020s or 2021s but id like to imagine they got their sh*t together by now

·
Registered
77 Posts
This sounds to me like a sensor might be bad. I have no issues cold and the ECS does not seem too intrusive on this car. My Genesis Coupe, on the other hand, has a very intrusive ECS. They are famous for their fun-killing ECS. It is just a switch...so it can be turned off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any mods?
Sloppiness when cold ended up being due to airflow for me. Intake, turbo tube, downpipe and midpipe made a significant difference and low speed performance is really nice and smooth now even cold.
No mods. Good to know. Any one mod in particular help the most or did you do it all at once?

·
Registered
359 Posts
No mods. Good to know. Any one mod in particular help the most or did you do it all at once?
The problem is the last mod made the biggest difference so im not sure if it would make the same difference single handedly.
The 3 inch res delete midpipe. I was genuinely blown away that such a stupid mod could make such a tremendous difference in driving feel lol. I also remember the turbo inlet making a significant difference as well

·
Registered
44 Posts
Getting some really long hard starts now. Looked at the general veloster and veloster turbo boards and it looks like this is a problem hyundai has been ignoring forever. A bit disappointing. Almost makes me think they intentionally put the threshold for a cel to show extremely high so they can just shrug when you complain. Ironically I also own a 2007 hyundai accent hatchback that runs great, starts perfectly and cost me 4k with 50k miles. Makes me sad to sit in a 2020 30k car that will barely turn over sometimes.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts