Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N w/DCT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just finished installing the dash cam for my Veloster N. I chose the Garmin tandem for the front and Garmin mini for the back. They are both hardwire in through the fuse box separately using 2 Garmin parking mode modules, and the garmin drive app will sync them together.

The front cam mounted right underneath the black plastic box. I mounted it to the left of it trying to stay away from the car’s front collision warning camera (it’s to the right of that black box). And as usual the wire got tucked behind the liner all the down to the fuse box.

The back camera wire is hidden under the black plastic trim and run all the way to the front fuse box and also get tucked behind the liner.

For the front camera, add a fuse tap to power circuit for switched power and door lock for always on power. For the back I could not find another switched fuse so I used the interior lamb, it doesn’t cut power when the ignition is off but it does cut power when you lock your car, and I used P/seat Drv for always on power ( it’s odd though we don’t have power seat, but the circuit has power lol).

Sorry for the long post, but I think it will benefit some that are going to do it like mine.Thinking about it now, I should have gone with the 2 channels like blackvue or thinkware, but these 2 Garmin were on sale at target so oh well lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you run the rear camera wire through the hatch or did you skip that part and keep it on the inside? My last car was a pain to thread through part of the headliner and through a grommeted hose connecting the hatch. I will be doing mine here soon. Dash cams should be coming in cars as standard like Tesla's do now.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N w/DCT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you run the rear camera wire through the hatch or did you skip that part and keep it on the inside? My last car was a pain to thread through part of the headliner and through a grommeted hose connecting the hatch. I will be doing mine here soon. Dash cams should be coming in cars as standard like Tesla's do now.
I ran it through the liner and up to the hatch from the grommet. The middle plastic trim on the hatch can be pulled off, loses the screw on the driver side trim and lift it off a bit and you can see the whole the grommet feed through. I hope that make sense, but I can take better picture tomorrow to show you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ran it through the liner and up to the hatch from the grommet. The middle plastic trim on the hatch can be pulled off, loses the screw on the driver side trim and lift it off a bit and you can see the whole the grommet feed through. I hope that make sense, but I can take better picture tomorrow to show you.
No that is fine, I appreciate it. My last car was a Stinger and it sounds like the exact same way I had to do it on that car so I know what to expect. Took me a while to fish the cable through it because it was one of those L shaped connectors heh.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Reviving this... sorry :)

Anyone just use a GoPro-type camera as a dash cam? Maybe less ideal, but no wires unless you're charging.

Best,

Brian

·
Registered
144 Posts
Reviving this... sorry :)

Anyone just use a GoPro-type camera as a dash cam? Maybe less ideal, but no wires unless you're charging.

Best,

Brian
Problem with go-pro is it’s constantly on which uses battery pretty fast. It doesn’t constantly loop and erase itself so it would use a lot of memory. Also, dash cams are sensitive to impacts so it initiates recording when impact detected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hows the image quality? I just got a Rexing V3 and Im not very impressed with its image quality. If a car is more than 10 ft or so in front of me, the plate is no longer visible..

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N w/DCT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hows the image quality? I just got a Rexing V3 and Im not very impressed with its image quality. If a car is more than 10 ft or so in front of me, the plate is no longer visible..
Quality is good, nothing crazy or fancy. I’m happy with it overall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts