Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while sitting at the dealer I saw that the new g70 comes with Brembos front and rear. 4 piston fronts and 2 rear . Which got me thinking both cars use 5x114 and the bracket should be the same or very close to our brakes as we have especially a factory big brake kit. Am I the only one that sees this as a potential upgrade assuming that you can get them cheap enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wait for the 2021 VN to come out, it will have 4 piston front calipers. They will bolt right up (you may need to change the rotors as well) but they will be standard service parts instead of Brembos. They should be available in the parts dept as soon as the car is released, they should be N branded as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just wait for the 2021 VN to come out, it will have 4 piston front calipers. They will bolt right up (you may need to change the rotors as well) but they will be standard service parts instead of Brembos. They should be available in the parts dept as soon as the car is released, they should be N branded as well.
What is Hyundai using on the 2019/2020 VN's as far as brakes go? I was under the impression that they were already upgraded from the same years non-N models?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is Hyundai using on the 2019/2020 VN's as far as brakes go? I was under the impression that they were already upgraded from the same years non-N models?
Well my original statement was incorrect. The 2021s have the same brakes as the 19-20 VN PP. They are from a JDM model Kia, 320mm rotors and large single piston calipers.

Since the 2021s did not get the N Performance brakes and they are not an option. First generation Cadillac CTS-V Brembo brake calipers bolt up to the VN hub, use some lancer evolution x front rotors and you're good to go (besides pads and whatnot).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well my original statement was incorrect. The 2021s have the same brakes as the 19-20 VN PP. They are from a JDM model Kia, 320mm rotors and large single piston calipers.

Since the 2021s did not get the N Performance brakes and they are not an option. First generation Cadillac CTS-V Brembo brake calipers bolt up to the VN hub, use some lancer evolution x front rotors and you're good to go (besides pads and whatnot).
Interesting thoughts. Are we certain that the G70 Brembo kit won't fit our N's then? Don't get me wrong, I am plenty happy with the current stopping power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting thoughts. Are we certain that the G70 Brembo kit won't fit our N's then? Don't get me wrong, I am plenty happy with the current stopping power.
from my understanding the real limiting factor is wheels offset and possibly the bracket.. the g70 comes with 4 piston fronts and 2rear. I have been working on coming up with more of a definitive answer hopefully will have it all figured out in the next week or so

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well that and the prohibitive cost of the caliper itself, its discontinued, but they listed for $1200 each side. Also judging from the drawings, it would not bolt up without a bracket. The Cadillac Brembos bolt straight up, and cost 1/4 of that for both.

Yes you need wheels with the right offset and spoke design. Anything designed to fit an Evo X should work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that and the prohibitive cost of the caliper itself, its discontinued, but they listed for $1200 each side. Also judging from the drawings, it would not bolt up without a bracket. The Cadillac Brembos bolt straight up, and cost 1/4 of that for both.

Yes you need wheels with the right offset and spoke design. Anything designed to fit an Evo X should work.
so the ats-v brakes will bolt up ?? If so that’s great

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey not sure if you're interested but GenRacer is selling a used set of 6 piston front brakes for a steal right now. Comes with rotors and extra pads too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts