Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Figured I'd do a quick intro as I eagerly await the arrival of my 2022 M/T N in Performance Blue! You know you made the right call when you've already got parts on hand before the car arrives. :ROFLMAO:

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Road surface Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

I've had several FI cars in my day and I'm looking forward to getting back into a light FWD 4 popper. I owned an 04' SRT-4 back in the day and that car really kicked off my love for budget minded rockets. I look forward to connecting with you all on this shared passion and can't wait to learn more about the car's potential.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Have fun with the modifications and take your time. There’s a vast amount of information available, make sure you utilize the search engine to find topics of interest. Have fun and enjoy yourself.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you want to tune the car, you’ll need an oil cooler. It’s too hot out here. Even at stock you’ll run at 240ish

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a tuned N and lived in Texas and I'm now back in AZ. You don't need an oil cooler.

Where are you at? I'm in Vail, outside of Tucson.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a tuned N and lived in Texas and I'm now back in AZ. You don't need an oil cooler.

Where are you at? I'm in Vail, outside of Tucson.
My bad I saw vail and thought Colorado. I live in Mesa. Shits hot af. Map 2 especially was 250 on the highway cruisin. I probably overdid it with the 240 but It was close to red stock for me when I got on it in the summer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, that's VERY overdoing it. :) After a few passes at the drag strip screwing around, and then a LOT of runs all over the place, it really isn't an issue.

So, what viscosity are you running? I use 5w-50 most of the time but 10w-60 when it starts getting hotter. If you're running a lower viscosity range then you might be pushing it to where it spikes and then tapers. Just get a better viscosity range and go from there. I ran 10w-60 on my run here from eastern Texas in June, and it hovered just over the 200* mark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see a tune in my future at the moment. I'd like a few small bolt on components like a cat back exhaust and the FMIC to help offset some of the AZ heat. Outside these two mods, I'll probably stick to cosmetic bits.(y)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went for a big SXTH FMIC (big enough to change the crash bar), and then changed out the factory grille for a thinner mesh unit so I could get more air through the intercooler, condenser, and radiator. This is at a point in Sonoita a couple days ago.

Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went for a big SXTH FMIC (big enough to change the crash bar), and then changed out the factory grille for a thinner mesh unit so I could get more air through the intercooler, condenser, and radiator. This is at a point in Sonoita a couple days ago.

View attachment 7869
Nice. I'm up near Phoenix and am thinking about making some similar mods, especially now that SXTH released a no-mod intercooler for the N. I may ping you for pointers.

Can't tell from this angle, but are those the stock wheels?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts