Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ahead and registered. I'll be ordering a 2021 Veloster N M/T on friday but still can't decide on the colour, I've seen every colour other than red and shooting star. I'm leaning on the red currently but feel like I'd regret not getting blue and vice versa. My color preference is red, blue, cyber grey, black, white. For some reason I already have wheel choices hahaha.

I'm coming from a 2003 Mustang (V6 auto) so this will be a huge upgrade in more ways than one. Ride quality is slightly better even in N mode during my test drive since my mustang is lowered 2in on coilovers. I didn't really mind the interior, then again cleanest interior I've rode in is a 2020 TLX. I might be overwhelmed by all the new tech though. This will also be my first car over 200hp and a manual. Lots of firsts on this one.

Looking forward to all the fun stuff the Veloster N and the community will bring.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Went ahead and registered. I'll be ordering a 2021 Veloster N M/T on friday but still can't decide on the colour, I've seen every colour other than red and shooting star. I'm leaning on the red currently but feel like I'd regret not getting blue and vice versa. My color preference is red, blue, cyber grey, black, white. For some reason I already have wheel choices hahaha.

I'm coming from a 2003 Mustang (V6 auto) so this will be a huge upgrade in more ways than one. Ride quality is slightly better even in N mode during my test drive since my mustang is lowered 2in on coilovers. I didn't really mind the interior, then again cleanest interior I've rode in is a 2020 TLX. I might be overwhelmed by all the new tech though. This will also be my first car over 200hp and a manual. Lots of firsts on this one.

Looking forward to all the fun stuff the Veloster N and the community will bring.
Regarding color choice, the signature Performance Blue is a really rare color, you won't see it except on paint to sample high end cars like Porsche, Lamborghini excetera.
I can park in any large parking lot and find my car no problem.
I also like that the Performance Blue is Hyundai's signature Motorsports color, as used on their WRC race cars.
I was genuinely surprised at how many people have commented on the color positively.
Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My family has both the chalk white and the performance blue. I get more compliments on the performance blue than the other cars; including my wrapped Model 3. It is a nice color, but ultimately it's up to you. If you want to mod in the future it may be harder to match with that color.

Good luck on your choice. The blue will get you noticed more.

-Sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you guys opinion on performance blue. It's so eye catching and exclusive to N cars, I suspect there will be more on the road once the elantra and kona releases. I've been going back and forth between blue and red for a while now, might just flip a coin, I like both either way.

Mods will be for sure but nothing too extravagant. Wheels, tires, and reliability mods are on my list right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Damn this is tough! I wanted blue when I was looking for mine because it is the signature color. I ended up finding a chalk white and it was in my price range... honestly with the used market I didnt really have much choice. Ultimately I fell in love with the chalk white and how the red black and white trim all works together after a month of ownership. The grey is rad cause its new for 2020 but if I had my choice I would go blue also think the blue will have the best resale. Call me crazy but with the way the car market is going I believe the N will be a sought after car years down the road and so resale/collectability was factored into my purchase. I do not like the particular shade of red and don't think black fits the car well.. Blue is my vote!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Damn this is tough! I wanted blue when I was looking for mine because it is the signature color. I ended up finding a chalk white and it was in my price range... honestly with the used market I didnt really have much choice. Ultimately I fell in love with the chalk white and how the red black and white trim all works together after a month of ownership. The grey is rad cause its new for 2020 but if I had my choice I would go blue also think the blue will have the best resale. Call me crazy but with the way the car market is going I believe the N will be a sought after car years down the road and so resale/collectability was factored into my purchase. I do not like the particular shade of red and don't think black fits the car well.. Blue is my vote!!!
The Grey is actually new for the 2021 model my friend.
Grey is my third favorite color after blue and shooting star.
Looks kinda like Audi Nardo Grey but not as good.
If anyone is looking for exclusivity then shooting star is the obvious choice. I think the N looks amazing in shooting star, however it is a matte finish which is quite a process to maintain, as you need special chemicals and it can easily be damaged by bird droppings, tree sap etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Grey is actually new for the 2021 model my friend.
Grey is my third favorite color after blue and shooting star.
Looks kinda like Audi Nardo Grey but not as good.
If anyone is looking for exclusivity then shooting star is the obvious choice. I think the N looks amazing in shooting star, however it is a matte finish which is quite a process to maintain, as you need special chemicals and it can easily be damaged by bird droppings, tree sap etc.
Oh I meant 2021!!! haha my bad somehow stuck in the vortex that was 2020! After seeing the grey I would still go blue! got to get that matching track suit hahaha

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
We'll have to call Doctor Who and get you out.

Blue is far to common amongst VN owners. It's the Gulf Blue that was utilized on the Ford GT Gulf Le Mans race car. Stick with the red and your first choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those of us with Performance Blue can get a matching blue driving suit, to really be in "N" mode.
LOL LOL
I'd totally rock that track suit and use that helmet as my "mask" hahahaha.

We'll have to call Doctor Who and get you out.

Blue is far to common amongst VN owners. It's the Gulf Blue that was utilized on the Ford GT Gulf Le Mans race car. Stick with the red and your first choice.
My first choice was actually a traffic purple golf r before I saw a black VN in person. The proportions and that exhaust sold it to me. I'm sold even more after test driving one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just get the color that makes you happy, and forget about what others think, as we are all biased.
Whatever color you choose, I think we can all agree that you can't go wrong with any N.
P.S (unless you wrap it in bright pink, then I'd have to speak out.)
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after hours of staring at pictures of the blue and red side by side and contemplating my life choices, I went to the dealer and ordered a red(ignite flame) 2021 VN in manual maple leaf spec 🍁. I feel for you guys down there though for not getting the heated seats and steering wheel. Now for the long wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts