Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having issues with fueling on your cars since Christmas Day I’ve been having issues with high fuel pressure in my fuel rail and it cuts all of the power from the car and I don’t know why

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure if it is yet I’m going to find out tonight when I get done work That’s what the code is saying

·
Registered
876 Posts
For a P0088 trouble code you need to take it to the dealership as well. Call them and have them pick it up. You have towing assistance with the purchase of the car thru Hyundai.

Defective fuel pressure regulator
Clogged filter screens in the pressure regulator
Kinked, or damaged fuel return line
Wrongly installed fuel filters (Note that if the fuel filter is installed the wrong way round, which is possible on some applications, there will be a high pressure condition only between the filter and the pump. The pressure between the filter and the rail will be lower than normal (or absent) because the filter might not allow a reverse flow.)
Defective fuel pressure sensor (Note that while a defective sensor could possibly set code P0088) it is more likely to deactivate the pump than to cause a high fuel pressure condition. In practice, it is more common for defective fuel pressure sensors to set low fuel pressure related codes.)

No start condition
Hard starting condition
Increased fuel consumption
Black smoke from the tail pipe may be present
Rough, erratic or uneven idling
Loss of power and performance
Oil dilution in severe cases
Damaged catalytic converter(s)
Fouled spark plugs

Have you replaced the intake?

·
Registered
62 Posts
P0088 is an uncommon one.

High pressure in the injector rail with no other codes present.. really that's down to either a spill valve that's sticking open and overfeeding the high pressure pump, a failed rail pressure sensor that's falsely reading too high, rail sensor wiring causing same, or internal PCM issue. Should be an easy diagnosis for them.

Either way don't drive it at all and don't even try to start it anymore. RedVN is right, have them tow it. They will contract a towing company to come get it at their cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to dig up an older post. But did Hyundai ever come back with what the issue was? Right now I have the same issue. Fuel cut out is at 3k rpms, dumping all the boost off. I checked all my hoses for the intercooler, all are tight. No leaks anywhere, no broken wires. I can't see if any of my sensors have failed, my code reader doesn't show me all the right data I need. This issue reminds me on my Gen 1 Veloster when I replaced the fuel line and the fuel pump in the tank. The only difference is, that would have intermittent fuel cut out issues but never throw a code. This one threw a code and is limping along.

I'm honestly 100% frustrated with the service group at the dealership I bought my car from. It's always been a nightmare trying to get something taken care of with them. If not my car, someone elses that was bought there. They mentioned they'd pick up the car with their towing service, then got transferred to the service department to be told that they don't have a towing service. So I wanted to see if anyone else had the issue and had it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just heard back from the dealership, the fuel rail pressure sensor went bad. The sensor readings were all out of whack. Downfall is it's 2 weeks for repair. Upside is it's warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had this code show up on my OBD reader as pending, no CEL which is weird. Similar symptoms - power cutting at 3k rpm, limp mode.

Looks like it's most likely the HPFP sensor or the pump itself per a couple of Reddit posts. Will report back after the dealership diagnoses since this doesn't seem isolated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts