Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and gals,

Ok, after careful consideration and since I live in Mass and NEED a cat for inspections I need to sell the stainless steel cat less down pipe. Has a J-Bend so no check engine lights after install. All the leg work is done for a 2500 degree titanium coating. I paid 530 for the pipe itself and 278 for the coating. That equals 808 dollars with no shipping costs. I will accept 750 and I will pay for the shipping if it's in the USA. If paid by PayPal, you pay the fee. Thanks for looking and here are a couple pics.

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

Reactions: GetQuirky

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RockTheVote! Will send it out Monday, Tuesday the latest. Congratulations.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: utspoolup

·
Registered
114 Posts
If I didnt already have mine I would have picked it up, but its going to a great member..... now get it installed RTV and lets hear it.

Ghost, what you doing now? Catted pipe? Since we know you are going to do something......

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll make a video once I inherit ghosts catless downpipe and once the borla comes in :)

I'm just concerned if my car is accurate. My SXTH downpipe used to be crazy loud and I don't know if my car is experiencing hardware failure somewhere or if the ECU is regressing to some predetermined parameter. Ill be sure to also examine the small 200 cell cat on the SXTH dp when I remove it

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RTV,

My friend, you are the DP King! I am sending it out Monday, Tuesday the latest. I'll give you a tracking number once I ship it so you can keep track of it. It'll go UPS. Thanks again.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
RTV,

My friend, you are the DP King! I am sending it out Monday, Tuesday the latest. I'll give you a tracking number once I ship it so you can keep track of it. It'll go UPS. Thanks again.

Best regards,

-Mike
Thank you so much, ghost.

Noise isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is mine though I have to mention I definitely utilize the closed Valve ever since I took off the factory downpipe.
Psychology:
I'm a noise fiend because I never had it and something just makes me smile when a not so masculine looking car sounds mean as hell c:

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That thing is gonna be a Monster! It's 3.5" that tapers to a 3" at the flex. Love to hear sound clips once you get it all installed. Jet-Hot heats the pipe in a kiln (over 2500) to bake on both the bottom and top coat. There is NO break-in period for anything Jet-Hot coated because they take care of it for you. It IS beyond a doubt one of the best ceramic coatings out there, if not the best.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RTV,

I PM'ed you the tracking info. Thanks again!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pipe arrived in under 2 days! I intend to wait for the borla system as well that is said to ship late this month!

I'll record a sound clip of it parked with my go pro plus phone
🥳

·
Registered
49 Posts
This pipe is a good design. The welds are good, and the piping is a good size as Ghost mentioned above. In terms of sound, it is not as loud as you would think. Just perfect in my mind. Then if you want to run incognito, it is quiet in eco and normal modes.

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sold mine to buy new rims. I had to make it look good to the wife. lol.... I'm sure it sounds great! I do have another going to Jet-Hot today.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: Yames

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got an email from NRS brakes about their updated lineup so i thought id give it a quick search. They seem to only have rear brake pads compatible with the N but regardless, NRS is a great alternative if you just so happen to only need rear brake pads 😂

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent find, Mike! I am sure they will make fronts relatively shortly. We shall see, right.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha, ha.... It's ok, it happens to the best of us. Must be all the recreational Mary Jane there in Florida. Lol.... :)

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305
1 - 18 of 18 Posts