Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my Veloster N after a very joyful year, so I put the stocks back on and am selling my aftermarket wheels and tires.

The wheels are the Rial Lucca in Machined Black, sized 18x8 which look gorgeous on this car, and pretty much OEM+. They're wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires sized 235/40, which gives you extra sidewall while being very, very close to OEM diameter, so the speedo is almost unaffected. The result of downsizing the wheel 1 inch and putting a tire with more sidewall on it was much improved ride comfort, and peace of mind around potholes. The wheels and tires have been used for a smidge under 3,000 miles, all street and backroads driving, no launch control uses on them or anything. Wheels still look new.

Paid $1,695 for the whole package from Tire Rack, including TPMS sensors (still installed), looking for $800. Prefer local pickup (Richmond, CA), but can try and figure out shipping at buyer's expense.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
478 Posts
I bought the same package and your pictures helped me to make that decision. Even my wife thought this package looked really good. I did just black-out my front emblem, however.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the same package and your pictures helped me to make that decision. Even my wife thought this package looked really good. I did just black-out my front emblem, however.
Looks great, of course! Enjoy! Hopefully I can find a new owner for mine to enjoy on their Veloster!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I hope your next ride is as fun as this one. I am an empty nester so a small car like this suits me well. I know others on the forum have family hauling needs. Me...my 'cello and my wife is all I need to haul. I am planning to keep her as this might be my last manual. My wife has her eye on a GV70.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope your next ride is as fun as this one. I am an empty nester so a small car like this suits me well. I know others on the forum have family hauling needs. Me...my 'cello and my wife is all I need to haul. I am planning to keep her as this might be my last manual. My wife has her eye on a GV70.
I went on my test drives driving the Veloster N from test drive to test drive, because I wanted to compare and make sure that whatever car I move on to can match the joy the little VN did. I landed on a car I'm very much in love with, but I'd be lying if I said I won't miss the Veloster N. No kids, no family needs, just the itch to experience as many cars as I can while I'm still young (early 30s) and can afford to do so.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
34 Posts
I’d be a buyer if you were on the east coast, what do you plan on getting next?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Italian cars -> great sounding exhaust (they did pretty much perfect music) and outstanding handling. Best of luck. My only concern would be reliability. I bet you are stoked.

Reactions: Leftos

·
Registered
413 Posts
Italian cars -> great sounding exhaust (they did pretty much perfect music) and outstanding handling. Best of luck. My only concern would be reliability. I bet you are stoked.
Pretty much sums it up Here. But in this market almost nothing matters. And if OP just wants to experience lots of cars he probably could enjoy it for a while and flip it for even more at the moment.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty much sums it up Here. But in this market almost nothing matters. And if OP just wants to experience lots of cars he probably could enjoy it for a while and flip it for even more at the moment.
I read that article, and know of horror stories worse than what that article talks about, but every car I've bought so far with my own money has been problem-free, and life's too short not to live through some stories with an unreliable red Italian sports car that I can take with me for the rest of my life.

And for what it's worth, C&D's long term tester was a second model year, 2018. My broker told me to avoid 2017-19s like the plague, but that MY2020+ have had a much better reliability record. Fingers crossed.

I cherised every moment I had with the Veloster N, even had colleagues drive it recently so as to persuade one of them to buy it off me and keep it in the family and work parking lot. I'll remember that car for the rest of my life, and that's the point.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I read that article, and know of horror stories worse than what that article talks about, but every car I've bought so far with my own money has been problem-free, and life's too short not to live through some stories with an unreliable red Italian sports car that I can take with me for the rest of my life.

And for what it's worth, C&D's long term tester was a second model year, 2018. My broker told me to avoid 2017-19s like the plague, but that MY2020+ have had a much better reliability record. Fingers crossed.

I cherised every moment I had with the Veloster N, even had colleagues drive it recently so as to persuade one of them to buy it off me and keep it in the family and work parking lot. I'll remember that car for the rest of my life, and that's the point.
No worries man, I understand. Life's about two things. Love and experiences. Enjoy yourself. Best of luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fell in love with the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio, broker got me $8k under MSRP on a car specced how I wanted it in Minneapolis, so I'm getting it shipped this week. :)
I traded my 2019 N PP for a 2017 Alfa Giulia Base RWD Sport Package, Certified Pre-Owned... So I get it man! They are fantastic cars. Yet everywhere I go people say "hows the reliability?"... get used to it. Mine has been a gem and it has about 36k on it. The batteries are the VERY FIRST thing that needs replacing and the main cause of about 90% of problems. Everyone on this forum just bought a Hyundai performance car which to the general public not in the know is a laughable proposition and def not a "smart" car buy to the layman. We should not stray from great cars got to live it up and when you get that Alfa, love it cause it is simply brilliant (Jeremy Clarkson voice) but with the QV def spend on the extended warranty. I know I will be extending mine on the base model at the end of the CPO two years...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I traded my 2019 N PP for a 2017 Alfa Giulia Base RWD Sport Package, Certified Pre-Owned... So I get it man! They are fantastic cars. Yet everywhere I go people say "hows the reliability?"... get used to it. Mine has been a gem and it has about 36k on it. The batteries are the VERY FIRST thing that needs replacing and the main cause of about 90% of problems. Everyone on this forum just bought a Hyundai performance car which to the general public not in the know is a laughable proposition and def not a "smart" car buy to the layman. We should not stray from great cars got to live it up and when you get that Alfa, love it cause it is simply brilliant (Jeremy Clarkson voice) but with the QV def spend on the extended warranty. I know I will be extending mine on the base model at the end of the CPO two years...
At the pace at which I'm going through cars I don't think I'm going to need a warranty past 5 years. Even the finance manager stopped short of recommending the extended warranty after I said I've had 7 cars in 8 years. I bought an Alfa, after a wide variety of cars that turned out to be super reliable, knowing that I'm going in "pay to play". I'll take whatever repairs are necessary on the chin, accept that that's part of the price of driving an Italian sports car, and if I ever get fed up of running costs and repairs and how long the car is at the dealer, I'll sell it and move on to the next one, but at least I'll be able to look back at this time in my life and say I owned a 500hp Alfa for a couple of years.

I'm keeping my ND2 Miata as my reliable, cheap to insure/repair/run daily. So thankfully, any downtime with the Alfa stuck in the shop will have me driving another lovely car in the meantime.

Appreciate the advice nevertheless!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts