Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if I is possible to just replace the front defuser on a 2021 Veloster N or would they have to just replace the entire bumper? I scarped mine pretty good yesterday and am trying to get an idea on cost before taking it in to the dealership. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
58 Posts
It's part # 86512K9000
Cheapest I could find it for was $185.27 from wholesalehyundaiparts.com. Considering there's a very high chance it's going to get scraped up again (I know mine is, although only visible from under the car), you may want to consider just vinyl wrapping it, or even sanding it smooth and hydro-dipping it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Another option is a local paint/dent person. They’ll probably sand it down, prep, and paint for less than the cost of the new part which you’ll probably need to pull the bumper skin to install.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
58 Posts
Check Hyundai Part Deal
Word of caution; I haven't purchased from wholesalehyundaiparts, but hyundaipartsdeal has the world's most expensive and worst shipping. I ordered an air deflector, and paid $35 for shipping, only to get an email the next day telling me I would need to pay an additional $25 for shipping an oversized box. The box in question was absolutely massive, but the parts inside were no bigger than 6" by 1ft, and were literally bouncing around loose inside the massive box.

Would not buy from them again unless it was my only option.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Word of caution; I haven't purchased from wholesalehyundaiparts, but hyundaipartsdeal has the world's most expensive and worst shipping. I ordered an air deflector, and paid $35 for shipping, only to get an email the next day telling me I would need to pay an additional $25 for shipping an oversized box. The box in question was absolutely massive, but the parts inside were no bigger than 6" by 1ft, and were literally bouncing around loose inside the massive box.

Would not buy from them again unless it was my only option.
Haven't had a problem with them and are generally the lowest on shipping cost.

I’ve been purchasing from them for more than 2 years for the VN. Never needed to ship quickly or been shipped in a oversized box either.

Parts are provided in their original Hyundai boxes with Hyundai bench stocking tags for the specific item.

Shop around for prices don't take one Hyundai Parts Wholesalers, as the end all to be all.:)(y)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
This part can range anywhere from $176-$320.00. Depending upon where you purchase it from. Always shop around for the part you need. Prices for shipping also vary as well depending upon your location, region, size of package required;

• $306.38
  • Estimated shipping to XXX XXXXX : $32.76

Your Price: $176.16

YOUR PRICE: $185.27/ with tax $198.24

• $191.82
  • Estimated shipping to XXX XXXXXX : $41.55
Prices don’t lie, more often people don’t do the diligence. You have to shop around and compare prices. Generally, Hyundai Parts Deal has the lowest prices of all. The lowest at the moment with shipping for this part is Hyundai OEM Parts.

Wholesale Hyundai Parts won't ship the part, you have to pick it up due to being oversized. It’s not cheap to ship such parts either. I also suggest you check your dealership locally from where you purchased the vehicle. Some dealership will price match on parts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honestly just sand it down, tape off the whole front of your car and primer and re paint it. I believe a body shop will charge you around $200

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gotta love that it is all simple clip ons to the bumper. $185 ain't bad when you really think about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts