Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
There is also one from Garageline available as well.

I've had the Forge unit since it came out and works flawlessly. It was originally designed for both.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Ghost,
Did you install the garage line shifter? How is it?

Does anyone have an opinion on which shifter is best, Booba, Garage line, or Forge?
GarageLine refunded my money after three weeks. I guess they were out of stock?.... I'm gonna go with the Boomba stuff but right now my N's in storage till sometime in April. The Boomba stuff is GREAT, Red's right; you won't get any better.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Took your advice and ordered the Boomba short shifter with the shifter bushings. Can't wait to get it on!
Sweet! LMK, how the install goes. I am incredibly curious.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Installed the Boomba shifter, trans bushings, and shifter base bushings this weekend. Installation is pretty straight forward with their instruction sheet, just plan on an hour or so. IMO this is a no brainer, for the relatively low cost and huge improvement in shift travel and feel. I do think that the shifter base bushings are probably unnecessary because the factory bushings used in the shifter base are sleeved with steel and there does not appear to be much movement in them. I really like how in the even gears the shifter is a little bit further back, making it even less of a reach. Well done Boomba!

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Thanks for the review Rem. I am getting these too but my car is in storage til April. This is absolutely on my to do list.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I apologize if this might not be a good question but how are the boomba product and forge product different? Does the boomba product shorten the throw only in the forward and reverse directions? It seems to me that the Forge product has more pieces - a short throw shifter and a side shifter which shortens the throws in all directions. I want to purchase one but want to make the best decision. I also see that the boomba product shortens the throw by 33% and is not adjustable while the forge version is adjustable and can shorten up to 50%. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
874 Posts
One is adjustable one is not. A 33% reduction is more than sufficient in most all cases. Boomba Racing combines both trans and shifter bushing kits along with the a Shift kit, which is more that enough for anyone's needs. It tightens the gate and shifter throw, for a about the best overall movement from the shifter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you RedVN. I see in an earlier message you have had the forge one for a while and it works well. But then in a later message you recommend getting the boomba unit. Which in your opinion do you think is beter? Which one offers the better short throw in all directions?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I still have the Forge unit but added the Boomba trans and shifter bushings. Boomba Racing didn't have the Shifter Kit or bushing available when I first did the upgrade. I'm satisfied with both, but it also a smart move to utilize like accessories, especially those that have been developed together to compliment one another. Boomba Racing does a fine job with this and so does Forge. Well established companies that produce, test and back their products.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree. I am a bit new to this but I can't help but point out that there seems to be a difference between how the 2 products perform from a throw standpoint as they are designed differently. My question was: does the forge product have more adjustment (in more directions due to the additional side shifter) than the boomba product which seems to only change the throw in one direction. I realize I could be completely wrong in my observation but it seems additional explanation is needed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Agree. I am a bit new to this but I can't help but point out that there seems to be a difference between how the 2 products perform from a throw standpoint as they are designed differently. My question was: does the forge product have more adjustment (in more directions due to the additional side shifter) than the boomba product which seems to only change the throw in one direction. I realize I could be completely wrong in my observation but it seems additional explanation is needed.
Ours shortens the throw front to back only. We did some initial experimenting with also tightening the gate spacing, but we found it lead to questioning which gear we were in far to often. Our adapter slips over the factory selector arm, (un)installing much easier than some of the competition. We also experimented with shortening more than 33% but found that it made the shifter far to tight, which we didn't like, 33% was the sweet spot for us :) If you want to see how we designed this, check out our Blog Post HERE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts