Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shifter knob came in yesterday evening. Thanks the gents at Forge Motorsport; It's a great addition for sure;
Fitting just as the original with a twist. It's weight just right for the VN. Click on the photo for a larger view.:)

I'll fit it tomorrow and post some photo and instructions. Going to add some red or black o-rings in the piston grooves.:)(y)

·
Registered
177 Posts
shifter knob came in yesterday evening. Thanks the gents at Forge Motorsport; It's a great addition for sure;
Fitting just as the original with a twist. It's weight just right for the VN. Click on the photo for a larger view.:)
View attachment 4478 View attachment 4479 View attachment 4480 View attachment 4481
I'll fit it tomorrow and post some photo and instructions. Going to add some red or black o-rings in the piston grooves.:)(y)
very nice! if it wasn't freezin temps near me 6 months of the year and blistering hot the other 6 then I would consider this but getting into cold car and grabbing this ice cube or potential red hot is a deterent. let us know how it holds up in the elements. I heard the weighted metal knobs (loooking at you Type R) can get near unusable in certain conditions

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
🤣(y) No problem!!

Bespoke Shift Knob is; 176.4 grams/6.22 ounces or a bit over 1/3 of a lb. Quite weighty but not overly so. By feel alone, it's much heavier than the OEM unit.

The stock VN Shift knob is; nearly 2.5oz or 0.15625 of a lb.

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
I am getting one. Just have to be a bit more patient. Not sure of what color? I have a White VN. Probably a black one...

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
61 Posts
Not to steal any thunder from the Forge shift-knob, but does anyone know where I can pick up a traditional black ball-knob? I've gotten used to them from driving AMC era Jeeps and A1/A2 VWs since I first got my license.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not to steal any thunder from the Forge shift-knob, but does anyone know where I can pick up a traditional black ball-knob? I've gotten used to them from driving AMC era Jeeps and A1/A2 VWs since I first got my license.

View attachment 4542
If you don't mind waiting you can get one custom made from

Anarchy Motive. Mine took six months to get, but turned out awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed my Forge shift knob. Did yours have the slightest bit of play to it Red? Mine can twist a little (not the threaded part but the whole unit) and if I hit it on the top you can tell it isn't fully snug. I have taken it off and put it back on, same result.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Mine fit snug. Check the plastic that is around the top of the adapter and make sure it's in place and no wadded up. Can you provide me with a video of the movement? It will help identify a possible problem with fitment I can share with the guys at the R & D department.

I'll also check with some of the i30N owners and see if there is a similar issue. Give me a couple of days to correlate any data from them. It's possible the adapter isn't milled correctly but I won't know until I get some additional data and comparison.:)(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a video (probably will need to raise volume):

I put stock knob on and did not experience the same.

Mine fit snug. Check the plastic that is around the top of the adapter and make sure it's in place and no wadded up. Can you provide me with a video of the movement? It will help identify a possible problem with fitment I can share with the guys at the R & D department.

I'll also check with some of the i30N owners and see if there is a similar issue. Give me a couple of days to correlate any data from them. It's possible the adapter isn't milled correctly but I won't know until I get some additional data and comparison.:)(y)

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forge Motorsport has the video in their hands. Also, is anyone who owns a Veloster N, having a reverse engagement issues with the shift knob?
Here is a video (probably will need to raise volume):

I put stock knob on and did not experience the same.
Forge Motorsport has the video in their hands. Also, is anyone who owns a Veloster N, having a reverse engagement issues with the shift knob?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Reverse lockout/engagement feels “off”. Like, it always engages/disengages but it feels like the lockout gets hung up sometimes. I’m bad at explaining :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts