Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious if anyone has put on a Forge Intercooler? And what kind of performance changes did you notice? Increase in torque? I know it will be worth the cost to put it on, but was curious what other guys or gals are seeing with that upgrade.

·
Registered
876 Posts
HP increase is around 8-10, 30% cooler IAT's. You'll definately feel the difference, on the butt dyno. Wagner, also has one available. Don't know much about it but it very similar to the Forge unit. Both units require that you remove (cut off) the sensor bracket and plug straight into the intercooler sensor.

·
Super Moderator
890 Posts
I am actually looking at the Wagner one. It looks like the real deal and it is about 110 to 150 dollars cheaper than the Forge. A lot of the I30 N's run them. I believe they are headquartered out of California. I'm not doing that till next year though. I modded this car enough this year already. :)

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
Forge is claiming a Torque increase of 43 lb-ft and like 9 horsepower. Would love to see if this holds up. I'm interested in getting either the Forge or Wagner as well... Wagner is touting similar cooling performance with great airflow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sxth Element working on an intercooler. They claim you do not have to modify the vehicle at all to install intercooler. This means one would not have to cut the bracket that holds the ambient air temperature sensor. However , they are also claiming it will probably only function correctly with an aftermarket intake or their intake 😕 Not really sure about the logic with that statement. Seems the stock intake flows pretty well and should only do better with an aftermarket filter like a pipercross. Finally they said it intend to have it out before Black Friday of this year.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
890 Posts
I wonder how much the S.E. one will be? I may just wait and see. Thanks for the update, Sway.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wonder how much the S.E. one will be? I may just wait and see. Thanks for the update, Sway.

Br,

-Mike
I imagine it will be more pricey than the Wagner based on other intercoolers they have done. But maybe they will have a deal around Black Friday? Dunno. Will have to just wait and see. Np!

·
Registered
876 Posts
All will be about the same if you shop around. Good luck with waiting around for the SXTH element unit.

An Aftermarket intake, compliments the larger aftermarket intercooler and provides optimal heat reduction. Far to much heat soak & higher IAT's with the OEM box.

·
Super Moderator
890 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
All will be about the same if you shop around. Good luck with waiting around for the SXTH element unit.

An Aftermarket intake, compliments the larger aftermarket intercooler and provides optimal heat reduction. Far to much heat soak & higher IAT's with the OEM box.
Haha I'm in no rush , gotta save my coins anyway. Which aftermarket intake is better with heat soak? I've seen alot of Intakes without a closed design at all. I was under the impression that aftermarket intakes compliment aftermarket intercoolers because of higher volume + more volume being cooled = more power (if the ECU doesn't step in). Or better flow with aftermarket setups through the main pipe. I didn't know the stock airbox had problems with heat soak , I know the stock intercooler does though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I want these two items and an inter-cooler. This is what I am saving for over the winter while the car is in storage.

https://potnshop.co.uk/products/coming-soon-pipercross-intake-with-heatshield-for-the-hyundai-i30n?rq=mk_hyundai~md_i30-pd~ek_2-0-t-n-performance~yr_2019

https://potnshop.co.uk/products/hyundai-i30n-veloster-n-turbo-inlet-adaptor-fmtia2?variant=29586311905347

This with a new inter-cooler will be an AWESOME set-up!

Br,

-Mike
Nice , are you planning to do a tune at some point as well?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd like to do the whole lot of mods eventually. A piggyback will be first. Then intake, BPV, and intercooler. Last will be catless downpipe and resonator delete.

Intercoolers are god awful expensive for what they are. I'm still waiting to see what the aftermarket produces.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Haha I'm in no rush , gotta save my coins anyway. Which aftermarket intake is better with heat soak? I've seen alot of Intakes without a closed design at all. I was under the impression that aftermarket intakes compliment aftermarket intercoolers because of higher volume + more volume being cooled = more power (if the ECU doesn't step in). Or better flow with aftermarket setups through the main pipe. I didn't know the stock airbox had problems with heat soak , I know the stock intercooler does though.
None really! The POTN Pipercross, Forge and IFX (Impossible Fab) Have all all about the same IAT's. Frankly nothing, until someone comes up with a fully enclosed box, w/velocity stack/that's piped into the actual VN intake snorkel.

I've talked to Takata/AFe numerous time but they just keep saying, "it's in the works with no deadline set." I'm sure it will be something like this V.

Who knows right now. It's still to soon for others to jump on the band wagon. Wait till after SEMA in November. Even at this, you'll still need to put on a heat shield sleeve. Meth injection is one way to help and a water cooled intercooler cool kit is another but both are expensive alternatives. The prior, you can write off your warranty.

·
Super Moderator
890 Posts
Nice , are you planning to do a tune at some point as well?

I do plan a tune but I have always done the supporting mods first. This way if I do a re-flash I don't have to keep tuning it. I will do the mods that don't set the CEL lights then do a tune. I plan on new, turbo intake pipe, true pipercross CAI, and a wagner inter-cooler. I will wait to see what S. Element looks like first maybe. Who knows? I have all winter to decide. This is next seasons mods. Also, I will do a performance clutch first before getting a tune. The tune will be the very last thing I do. I know I was so redundant. Sorry. lol...

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
876 Posts
A bench tuned ECU or cloned Tuned ECU will not set a CEL. Generally, the only time you'll get a CEL is, when the downpipe is changed and the proper length O2 sensor bung extension is not utilized. It's recommended to tune with aftermarket downpipe.

None of the mods you are planning, will set off a CEL or require a tune unless you want to get the most benefit from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want these two items and an inter-cooler. This is what I am saving for over the winter while the car is in storage.

https://potnshop.co.uk/products/coming-soon-pipercross-intake-with-heatshield-for-the-hyundai-i30n?rq=mk_hyundai~md_i30-pd~ek_2-0-t-n-performance~yr_2019

https://potnshop.co.uk/products/hyundai-i30n-veloster-n-turbo-inlet-adaptor-fmtia2?variant=29586311905347

This with a new inter-cooler will be an AWESOME set-up!

Br,

-Mike
I currently run that intake on my own car. It has minor clearance issues with the brake booster that can be fixed by bending the offending hose barb.

You can see it installed here https://www.instagram.com/p/B2aDpo0JIpe/?igshid=w4c4iaukuzej

1 - 17 of 17 Posts