Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've seen some posts on this forum with regards with difficulty getting the Forge shift knob installed. One thing that is not mentioned in the video as far as I could tell was that the adapter has to be screwed on to a certain depth, not all the way until it bottoms. I did notice on the video where he did turn the knob a little back after he screwed it on, but didn't say anything that described this. Anyway, when I installed it the first time, I had screwed down the adapter until it just bottomed, not snug. Tried putting it on, and it didn't "snap" down into place and I could just lightly pull it back off. The two parallel metal clips in the the knob were not engaging in the two grooves on the shifter shaft. I took the knob back off and rotated the adapter out 1-1/2 turns and tried it again. It seated perfectly that time with no movement, looseness and aligned. I guess I didn't understand something beforehand and had to figure it out myself, but I think I've read in this forum where others have had problems with this too.

Anyway, it looks awesome!

OK…I just drove it and little bit of weight difference makes all the difference in the world!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
I told ya you'd like it!

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: Van Oster
1 - 2 of 2 Posts