Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to hear from people who've installed this on their N. It seems like it would help efficiency overall and hoping to hear some real world reviews of it. Any idea on whp/tq this may add? Will it improve low end or top end or hurt one in favor of the other? Notice a difference or reduction of heat soak? There doesn't seem to be much info online of these larger boost pipes. Figured getting a discussion going here would answer some questions for many potential buyers of this mod :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is in my Garage ready to install but been to busy with painting the walls, new window sills, work, and now the heat coupled with cotton lint from the trees around me. But once I get it installed I will let you know, I do not expect much of anything other than one less restriction, but considering I already have the intake, FMIC, Downpipe, exhaust, tune, plugs, coils, etc. I do not expect much difference.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The Forge Motorsport /Boost Pipe provides greater airflow, that maximises the CFM of air being forced into the engine. This provides a benefit of improving both performance and efficiency, especially with engines running a tuned ECU. Pipes are one piece, mandrel bent, so there are no seams to disturb the airflow.

Hp/Tq gains will see 2-3 whp for the stock trim VN and 4-5 for a tuned VN. Performance gains are throughout the RPM range. Turbo spins up is quicker due to the volume of air being forced into the system, so there's quicker throttle response. OEM Boost Pipe is; 51mm ID, where as the Forge Motorsport /Boost Pipe is; 70mm ID. This is also true for the Forge Motorsport/ FMIC, both sides are 70mm ID from the FMIC. Air flow is increased, on both sides without any restricted flow.

Hp/Tq differences from the boost pipe, are only detectable on the dynamometer. You will feel a faster throttle response and turbocharger spin up with both the
/FMIC and Boost Pipe Kits.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Red,

Any chance Forge will make a kit like Airtec does with both boost pipes? I really think they would sell well. I'd love a kit from Forge and I'd buy one tomorrow!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The Forge Motorsport FMIC is equipped with a 70mm ID pipe hotside replacement already. The 70mm boost pipe kit was made to equal the FMIC pipe.

I don't know Mike, I can ask R & D. I'm going to ask them to make the entire pipe to the turbo in the same diameter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Forge Motorsport /Boost Pipe provides greater airflow, that maximises the CFM of air being forced into the engine. This provides a benefit of improving both performance and efficiency, especially with engines running a tuned ECU. Pipes are one piece, mandrel bent, so there are no seams to disturb the airflow.

Hp/Tq gains will see 2-3 whp for the stock trim VN and 4-5 for a tuned VN. Performance gains are throughout the RPM range. Turbo spins up is quicker due to the volume of air being forced into the system, so there's quicker throttle response. OEM Boost Pipe is; 51mm ID, where as the Forge Motorsport /Boost Pipe is; 70mm ID. This is also true for the Forge Motorsport/ FMIC, both sides are 70mm ID from the FMIC. Air flow is increased, on both sides without any restricted flow.

Hp/Tq differences from the boost pipe, are only detectable on the dynamometer. You will feel a faster throttle response and turbocharger spin up with both the
/FMIC and Boost Pipe Kits.
View attachment 5797
That's some nice info :) I went ahead and ordered it. Seems they are on backorder so I hope it won't take too long. Sounds like with my bolt-ons and tune it should overall be more efficient, better throttle response and maybe a slight bump in power. Appears to be a win to me :)

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you order it from Forge Motorsport US or from the UK?
I ordered from BTR. When I went to Forge it said none available then BTR website said available but apparently not after I paid. Was hoping they had some in stock.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Go to the UK
Website and order it there; it's $235.20 with shipping no VAT or US tax. You'll get it much faster than waiting. I've got a promo code as well for you. Which will make it $283.05 total with shipping. You have a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts