Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/ PP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently departed with my N. Due in part to the truly awful customer service from Hyundai and part due to the chip shortage inflating car prices. However, I do have some parts I removed before I sold it. I purchased this ECU from SXTH in February of this year and installed it shortly after. It was on the car for about 6 months and less than 10,000 miles. I have checked with SXTH and they have confirmed I can re-sell it, I'm sure they would be happy to re-calibrate it for a different tune if you desire.

I'm asking $750 ($1,000 from SXTH) Or Best Offer

I'm happy to send all receipts and instructions as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread of DM and I will answer them as soon as possible.

Rectangle Font Electric blue Computer component Data storage device

Memory card Font Data storage device Rectangle Computer data storage

Font Gas Technology Machine Symmetry

Rectangle Material property Data storage device Computer data storage Electric blue

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I swap this in to my car and then swap the stock ECU back in will my dealer know that I had modified the ECU?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
No not readily. The mileage module is separate from the ECU and updates it. However, they can check the EDR which keeps a running log of mileage among other data. If the get a mismatch in the mileage they’ll know it’s been tampered with.

With the Hyundai GDS they can check both.

@Trccrosby. Is this ECU for the PP/VN or the base model?

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/ PP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not readily. The mileage module is separate from the ECU and updates it. However, they can check the EDR which keeps a running log of mileage among other data. If the get a mismatch in the mileage they’ll know it’s been tampered with.

With the Hyundai GDS they can check both.

@Trccrosby. Is this ECU for the PP/VN or the base model?
I believe the ECU will work with either, but the tune is for PP model with a 6MT. I would check with SXTH if there is a difference in the tune for the base vs PP, I don't imagine there is. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the ECU will work with either, but the tune is for PP model with a 6MT. I would check with SXTH if there is a difference in the tune for the base vs PP, I don't imagine there is. Let me know if you're interested.
So this is a unlocked ecu and not vin locked

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
@Xerxes & @Trccrosby

Just one other question; how was the immobilizer code programmed when you first paired it with the car?

Unlocked ECU is one thing, immobilizer paring is another.

Once the spare ECU is paired with the immobilizer it's programmed to function with only one car. Repairing to another immobilizer coding, requires having to send it back to the tuner for unpairing.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/ PP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Xerxes & @Trccrosby

Just one other question; how was he immobilizer code programmed when you first paired it with the car?

Unlocked ECU is one thing, immobilizer paring is another.

Once spare ECU is paired with the immobilizer it's programmed to function with only one car. Repairing to another immobilizer coding requires having to send it back to the tuner for unpairing.
You are probably correct, I would need to reach out to SXTH to check. There was a pairing process on initial install I am just not sure if that means it’s “locked” to that car. I’m sure SXTH would be be more than willing to “unpair” it.

Whoever buys it may want to take it somewhere else to be tuned anyway. I’m very flexible and more than happy to facilitate whatever is needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts