Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2021 Manual in Chalk White
Mainly used for going to the track in Southern and Northern California. Car is also my daily but I barely drive around town.

Previous track cars were 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo and 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club ND1

Current mods

Engine:
Hyundai N-Performance Intake
Wagner Tuning Front Mount Intercooler (i30N edition)
Forge Motorsports Oil Cooler (i30N edition)
SXTH Element EM3 Rear Motor Mount
Pennzoil Euro Platinum 5W-40 Engine Oil - 6 quarts (first oil analysis sample was lost by USPS, will analyze again in 1-2 months)
Fumoto F106S oil drain valve

Transmission:
Red Line MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Transmission Fluid - 1.9L

Suspension:
SPC Front Camber Bolts 14mm
SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Foward)
SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Rear) Double Offset
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar 22mm (softest setting)
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Endlinks
Whiteline Front Strut mount - Camber/Caster Kit
Whiteline Lowering Springs
Whiteline Front Roll Center/Bump steer - Correction Kit
current alignment:
front: -2.5 camber, 8.2 caster, 0 toe
rear: -2.2 camber, 0 toe

Brakes:
Pagid RSL2 Front Brake Pads
RockAuto Raybestos Blank Front Rotors (uncoated)
Enthuspec Front and Rear Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Wheels:
Enkei TS-10 18 x 8.5 +50 Wheels (daily)
Enkei TS-V 18x8.5 +45 Wheels (track)

Tires:
Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40/18 - great tires, lasted me 4 HPDE events, had to flip them after the 3rd event
Nexen N FERA SUR4G 245/40/18 - got these on sale for $100 each! Used for 1 event, grip lasted much longer compared to RE71R. Liking them so far.
Michelin PS4S 235/40/18 - for daily

Other:
ADRO V1 Wing
Custom Made Front Tow Hook
Rallyarmor N Mudflaps
Mr Kim Black Hyundai badges
Ebay Black N badge on trunk
Hyundai Sonata auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink
Seibon CF TS-style hood with Aerocatch latches

Future:
Wilwood BBK

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Buttonwillow CW13 hot lap 2:07.7 -- GPS speedo is inaccurate

Slower CW13 lap with correct data 2:10

Willow Springs Big Willow hot lap 1:41.9 -- data is correct but video and audio has issues. This is a scary fast track, need more confidence to drive here at 100mph+

Some more laps from Buttonwillow with data

Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
Great build brother. Thank you for all of the updates and sharing with us. I know you have to love it! Please keep updating for us!

Peace,
-JE

Registered
How do you like the bushings? were they a pain in the ass to replace?

Also how do you like the Fumoto valve, I've been on the fence about getting one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you like the bushings? were they a pain in the ass to replace?

Also how do you like the Fumoto valve, I've been on the fence about getting one.
Bushings - You can't do it at home unless you have a press. I installed them at 1,000mi so the bushings in the car were still soft and a pain to remove. It took a local shop 3 hours total for the install. Cost me $300 for install.

Fumoto - no issues, buy it and enjoy easier oil changes. I've had these on all my cars.

Edit: forgot to say if I like them. It added more caster which is what I wanted. Also they are very stiff, helps keep the car more planted at the track

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Where did you get those numbers on the doors? What size?
Great build so far!
Trackdecals.com takes a few weeks to get them. As long as you make sure the car is clean and the magnet is clean it does not move at high speeds. Highly recommend it

Here is my order

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which org do you run with ? Trying to do some SoCal tracks this year
I'm in SoCal but I've been following the NorCal guys cause they are active in going to the track. They are part of the Turn8 org. A few of us are going to their next event at Buttonwillow

In SoCal I also do Speedventures events but their Saturdays have been too packed lately. Sundays are usually good.

On July 1 I'm going to Laguna Seca with SpeedSF

Registered
I鈥檓 with nasa and tracktime and have only seen one other n in 10 events .. the 18th doing the 5 mile course at thunderhill I鈥檒l look at laguna that date it鈥檚 a blast in the n. Would be nice to run with another N

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I鈥檓 with nasa and tracktime and have only seen one other n in 10 events .. the 18th doing the 5 mile course at thunderhill I鈥檒l look at laguna that date it鈥檚 a blast in the n. Would be nice to run with another N
Ya let me know if you decide to come. Its my first time at Laguna

Registered
Let me know how the Whiteline top mount works out. I am hoping to get to -3* camber in the front and can鈥檛 do that just with bolts.

I may be at Laguna July 1 so see you there!

Registered
2021 Manual in Chalk White
Mainly used for going to the track in Southern and Northern California. Car is also my daily but I barely drive around town.

Previous track cars were 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo and 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club ND1

View attachment 5558

Current mods

Engine:
ADD W1 V3 Oil Catch Can
Wagner Tuning Front Mount Intercooler (i30N edition)
Forge Motorsports Oil Cooler (i30N edition)
SXTH Element EM3 Rear Motor Mount
Pennzoil Euro Platinum 5W-40 Engine Oil - 6 quarts (first oil analysis sample was lost by USPS, will analysis again in 1-2 months)
Fumoto F106S oil drain valve

Transmission:
Red Line MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Transmission Fluid - 1.9L

Suspension:
SPC Front Camber Bolts 14mm
SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Foward)
SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Rear) Double Offset
Pierce Motorsports Rear Sway Bar 19mm
current alignment:
front: -2 camber, 6.2 caster, 0 toe
rear: -2.5 camber, 0 toe
After the Whiteline parts I am moving toward - front: -3 camber, 7.2 caster, 0 toe

Brakes:
Pagid RSL2 Front Brake Pads
RockAuto Raybestos Blank Front Rotors (uncoated)
Enthuspec Front and Rear Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Wheels:
Enkei TS-10 18 x 8.5 +50 Wheels
Tire Rack 433Mhz TPMS Sensors
Tire Rack Black Valve Stem Covers
Rays Engineering 42mm Dura Nut L42 Black Lug Nuts & Locks - M12x1.5mm
Rays Engineering Red Valve Stem Caps
Custom Made N Logo Center Caps
Aluminum Hubcentric Rings - 67.1mm ID to 72.6mm OD

Tires:
Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40/18 - great tires, wears out super fast
Nexen N FERA SUR4G 245/40/18 - got these on sale for $100 each! will try them for the first time soon

Other:
Custom Made Front Tow Hook
Rallyarmor N Mudflaps
Mr Kim Black Hyundai badges
Ebay Black N badge on trunk
Auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink (in progress)

Future:
Just got sponsored by Whiteline so these are on the way:
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar 22mm
Whiteline Front Strut mount - Camber/Caster Kit
Whiteline Lowering Springs
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Endlinks
Whiteline Front Roll Center/Bump steer - Correction Kit
I鈥檓 excited to see this post! I鈥檝e been wondering what people like for alignments for their N on track. I personally track a little east, over in Tooele, Utah, haha. I鈥檓 not racing with any groups yet, I just enjoy the open track time. Maybe I鈥檒l get there in the future though. So the SPC bolts were all you needed for the camber? Does your current caster depend on the bushings you have installed?

Registered
I鈥檓 excited to see this post! I鈥檝e been wondering what people like for alignments for their N on track. I personally track a little east, over in Tooele, Utah, haha. I鈥檓 not racing with any groups yet, I just enjoy the open track time. Maybe I鈥檒l get there in the future though. So the SPC bolts were all you needed for the camber? Does your current caster depend on the bushings you have installed?
Alignment is just gonna be all the camber you can get up front, up to I'd say max -4.0. If it's a daily as well, I'd go -3.0. Rear will follow whatever you can get up front, but with those numbers I'd go 0.5 less negative on the rear, tho I dont know how much the rear can get stock (example, -3.0 front, -2.5 rear). That said this requires both bolts and plates.

With just bolts, you can only get under -2.0, so then I'd go just 0.1-0.2 less negative on the rear. Toe is always gonna be neutral all around, tho maybe a hair positive (toe in) on the front if it's a daily, just to limit tramlining a bit.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts