Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my 2020 VN got totalled at the beginning of November, I finally found a brand new 2022 just 300 miles from me. I have been searching like a crazy person for a red manual that wasn't overly marked up. This one came wrapped with a satin ppf but I dig it. I still plan on changing some things cosmetically, but I am so happy to be a VN owner again.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
Congrats @Jimmychanga - I think the key phrase is "overly marked up" because a lot of them are (sigh). Congrats man! Is the red a wrap job over factory black?

Either way congrats, and hopefully no more accidents for years to come. 馃崁

Reactions: Jimmychanga

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats @Jimmychanga - I think the key phrase is "overly marked up" because a lot of them are (sigh). Congrats man! Is the red a wrap job over factory black?

Either way congrats, and hopefully no more accidents for years to come. 馃崁
Thanks mightar! The car is racing red with a clear matte ppf, not wrap. The roof and hatch were wrapped with traditional black wrap, along with some other small pieces. This is how the dealership originally wrapped it...
Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I took the painted emblems and the hood and wheel pieces off.

Registered
2019 smol PP
Hopefully those beautiful Advans will make their way onto your new ride. Congrats and glad you're staying with the VN!

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully those beautiful Advans will make their way onto your new ride. Congrats and glad you're staying with the VN!
Thanks! Those bad boys will be put on come spring time for sure. I did consider other cars, but in the end the amount of fun per dollar couldn't be beat. Is there anybody else on here who has purchased the N twice??

Registered
I like it as the car sits now. Dig the matte red. Was gaudy from the dealer with the badges, wheels, and hood :oops:

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it as the car sits now. Dig the matte red. Was gaudy from the dealer with the badges, wheels, and hood :oops:
Thanks tameone. What do you think of the black hatch? I'm debating on whether to keep it or match it to the matte red 馃

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leave it for now and see if it grows on you. How close does the red on the wheel match?馃憤馃嚭馃嚫
I think you're right Red. At first I didn't like it at all but now it doesn't seem so bad. The wheels just had some gloss red vinyl stuck on them. They peeled off fairly easily. They did match the red better than the pictures suggest though.

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My first instinct was to say it should be matched in red, but I agree it's ok the way it is.
Yeah, I'll probably end up keeping it for the life of the wrap which is much less than the life of the ppf. Then I'll see where I want to go with it. After all, wraps ain't cheap. Might as well enjoy it.

Administrator
Nice Bud! Love that car!!!!

If all turns out correct, this time next year I'll have a house and a nice 2004 Z06 in the garage along side the VN. Welcome back!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice Bud! Love that car!!!!

If all turns out correct, this time next year I'll have a house and a nice 2004 Z06 in the garage along side the VN. Welcome back!

Best regards,

-Mike
Are you serious? I literally just sold my 02 Z06 for a song. I had no idea you were in that market.

Administrator
Are you serious? I literally just sold my 02 Z06 for a song. I had no idea you were in that market.
Lol... I will be probably by August of 2022. We'll be moving down south somewhere and my new house WILL have a spot for one. An 04 Z06 LeMans blue Commemorative Edition is my dream car. I always wanted a Vette and I love the C5 Z06's. Especially the 04's! (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol... I will be probably by August of 2022. We'll be moving down south somewhere and my new house WILL have a spot for one. An 04 Z06 LeMans blue Commemorative Edition is my dream car. I always wanted a Vette and I love the C5 Z06's. Especially the 04's! (y)

Best regards,

-Mike
Right on! 04's are the ones to get. Much better shocks and the CE's get that sweet carbon hood. I hope you find one, I'm sure you'll love it.

Registered
I think you're right Red. At first I didn't like it at all but now it doesn't seem so bad. The wheels just had some gloss red vinyl stuck on them. They peeled off fairly easily. They did match the red better than the pictures suggest though.
Thank you. I appreciate the info and really do like the matte red finish. The dealership had this done for themselves or you personally?馃憤馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you. I appreciate the info and really do like the matte red finish. The dealership had this done for themselves or you personally?馃憤馃嚭馃嚫
The dealership had this done themselves and originally asked for an additional 9k on top of the msrp. I did not pay that, but it still leaves me wondering why they would customize a brand new car.

Registered
Dealerships make mistakes and have to pay the price, They want us to pay for their modifications but decline to pay us for the same. Ironic isn鈥檛 it. You got the better end of the deal obviously.馃憤馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Congrats!! Car looks great! I like the black accent on the back, and I don't mind the hood stripes either, but good call removing the wheel and emblem pieces -- too much. Was this a dealership in LA? That's the only place I can imagine a dealer being this extra on a new car. Kinda surprised they didn't add a wing too!
Thanks tameone. What do you think of the black hatch? I'm debating on whether to keep it or match it to the matte red 馃

1 - 20 of 27 Posts