Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

Registered
2019 PerfBlue Non-PP
yep, it's nuts right now.

after a month of aggressivly searching for this car, i gave up. it was just too energy draining to keep contacting dealerships and getting a runaround checking to see if the car is even still for sale and how much over they're charging for it (and some dealers completely not willing to sell to someone out of state). i'm going to instead fix a couple of pressing issues my scion has and keep driving it and try to wait for the GR corolla.

fwiw i was able to find a used white 2020 N a couple of weeks ago in a nearby city, however the dealer was on some good drugs as they wanted as much for a 2 year old 20k mile car with the front end paint in very rough shape (looked like it drove through a meteor shower) as what one should cost new, nevermind the warranty being sliced in half for the 2nd owner. between the aggravation of trying to buy this car, reading about how generally awful the hyundai dealership experience is (which i agree with so far), the extremely thin paint and other random misc. issues, i'm done. best of luck to all still in search of the car.
I was in the market for a VN when covid started gaining notoriety. I test drove and fell in love on the first highway on-ramp, but could never pull the trigger on one given how uncertain things seemed in mid-2020. I started looking at Corolla HBs earlier this year trying to convince myself that Toyota would be a better long term purchase, but I couldn't find an SE or XSE in white or blue with the 6spd. I kept looking and looking with no real success. I stumbled upon a used VN on a search and I had a wave of impulse come over me and drove me to snagging this Performance Blue non PP that I've had for 2 months now. I guess my point is that you never know what you'll find or you'll find what you're looking for when you least expect it. Good luck on there!

Registered
I鈥檒l make a call to Danbury Hyundai in CT they sold me a veloster n for under msrp in may. Also the front holes is a non issue because they are integrated into the front grille and can鈥檛 be noticed
Yes I bought mine in march in Danbury Ct Hyundai $1000 less of msrp. I traded my 2015 Veloster turbo I bought from them 5 years ago with 65k and they gave me 10k plus 500 off for military.

Registered
i'm sure this is nothing new but i can't locate this car (new) anywhere near me for sale (i'm in syracuse ny). i contacted the largest hyundai dealership here in central new york (matthews hyundai) and was told that hyundai does not let customers place orders for new vehicles. additionally they have no velosters coming in through the end of the year, and they're not willing to trade with another dealer because of overall low inventory. the woman i spoke with also told me that they rarely get any allocations because this is "not a north-east car" (smh).

using autotrader & cars.com to track down a posting feels mostly fruitless as those sites only pick up a fraction of dealership listings, and most have already sold by the time those sites scrape the dealer postings. i've been using the "find your hyundai" on the main hyundai website however they only let you search outward of 250 miles from the zipcode you enter. i've been putting in zip's for random cities in neighboring states (and further out), with very little success. i was able to find a 6spd non-drilled black N in south carolina last week however the dealer wanted $6k over MSRP. i understand that most dealers want more but $6k seems excessive.

ideally trying to find a 6spd white N from 1 of the 20 states that do not require a front license plate (so the car won't be drilled). last car i purchased new here in NY i told the dealer to keep it if they drilled the bumper, not about to start now. so between trying to find an N in stock, for a fair price, with 3 pedals & a non-drilled bumper feels almost impossible right now.

the overall feeling i get after spending hours searching for this car on a nightly basis reminds me of the same emptiness left inside after using online dating apps.. this is brutal. sorry, just needed to vent.
Contact Brandon [email protected] +18889038453 from Danbury Ct Hyundai . He鈥檒l probably be able to help!!

Registered
I started looking at Corolla HBs earlier this year trying to convince myself that Toyota would be a better long term purchase, but I couldn't find an SE or XSE in white or blue with the 6spd
My dad had a blue XSE, HB, white interior with a manual for like a year and a half. He just sold it to a dealer like 2 weeks ago. He said he used to get compliments all the time on the car, especially for the color. I liked the car but the back doors don't open far enough, making it difficult getting in/out of the back. The gearbox was notchy-er than my Elantra Sport, but the Corolla was kinda slow. I cross shopped the Elantra Sport with the Corolla HB for myself in 2018...Weird how things play out sometimes.

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
There is actually three at the dealership a few blocks from me. 2 red and one white. All '22s with DCT at msrp. In Kirkland WA though so probably a bit far haha.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts