Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2022 DCT VN, 2005 Honda S2000
61 Posts
have been looking for a specific color & trans combo (white 6spd), which is what is making this so difficult. i'd really rather not pay over MSRP but at this point i'm willing to go 1-2k over. i have a few dealers i'm going to reach out to monday morning (FL & TX), fingers crossed.
good luck! Dont give up and settle for something else. You'll just hate yourself even more that you didnt just keep at it. This just tells me that the car thats perfect for you will show up soon. And you'll be so much happier when it happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
have been looking for a specific color & trans combo (white 6spd), which is what is making this so difficult. i'd really rather not pay over MSRP but at this point i'm willing to go 1-2k over. i have a few dealers i'm going to reach out to monday morning (FL & TX), fingers crossed.
Did you happen to see THIS one in Conroe, TX?
White, 6-speed, bumper doesn't look like it's drilled yet. I live in the Houston area and was able to pick up my 2022 VN at MSRP (wasn't at this dealer though) so it can be done without additional markups if the dealer is willing to do so.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Had a laugh over the weekend. Stopped in at the local dealership to check on the Kona N and Elantra N. They had a DCT/black on the floor; 45K plus dealer sticker.:ROFLMAO:(n) 10K over MSRP!🤪🇺🇸
Thank God we bought when we did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a laugh over the weekend. Stopped in at the local dealership to check on the Kona N and Elantra N. They had a DCT/black on the floor; 45K plus dealer sticker.:ROFLMAO:(n) 10K over MSRP!🤪🇺🇸
With new inventory being as low as it is right now dealerships who used to make money marking up a little but were moving a lot of units are now resorting to marking up a lot on the few units they have. I swear the car market is completely backwards right now.

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
139 Posts
Lmfao! That's unreal red, 15k more than I paid for mine last year!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stopped at the dealer I got my N. The Sales Manager guy said they had 12 new cars. 12.

But one of them was a brand new off the truck Santa Cruz Limited in blue. They were selling it at MSRP. I almost pulled the trigger, but I want the green.

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
139 Posts
I know and they’re the largest dealership in the state, including Arizona. Their markup is called; Fair Market Value. Makes you really think about dealing with them again. Might go back to Audi with a TTRS or a Lexus RCF.
I'd go Audi all day. Got a big soft spot for the four rings, was my first car. Would love an rs3

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have a few dealers i'm going to reach out to monday morning (FL & TX), fingers crossed.
There is a blue 6MT in Fort Meyers FL, they have it listed "internet price" for 29k. A friend went in and did all the paperwork and credit app to be told 45k with "dealer adjustment" that was non negotiable. So beware. I know you want a white 6MT, but apparently so does everyone else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a blue 6MT in Fort Meyers FL, they have it listed "internet price" for 29k. A friend went in and did all the paperwork and credit app to be told 45k with "dealer adjustment" that was non negotiable. So beware. I know you want a white 6MT, but apparently so does everyone else.
That's a really good point. Always negotiate the "out the door" price before you ever step foot in a dealership. I can't tell you how many times a dealer has tried to pad the numbers on the back end and I didn't see it coming. It's frustrating and wastes everybody's time. If you have the MSRP amount then you can easily add up sales tax,title fees, licensing fees and reasonable doc fees and you will have a ballpark figure of where the out the door price needs to be. If a dealer isn't willing to give you a final total before coming in to look at the vehicle then I would find another dealer.

·
Registered
2022 DCT VN, 2005 Honda S2000
61 Posts
That's a really good point. Always negotiate the "out the door" price before you ever step foot in a dealership. I can't tell you how many times a dealer has tried to pad the numbers on the back end and I didn't see it coming. It's frustrating and wastes everybody's time. If you have the MSRP amount then you can easily add up sales tax,title fees, licensing fees and reasonable doc fees and you will have a ballpark figure of where the out the door price needs to be. If a dealer isn't willing to give you a final total before coming in to look at the vehicle then I would find another dealer.
Yeah California dealerships are notorious for doing this. Its gotten to the point where i refuse to go in unless they give me an OTD price quote through email. That way i have proof that they are going to give me that price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New to this forum....I just bought my New '22 DCT in white for MSRP. I Asked 4 dealers in the area for the out-the-door price through email and only one would sell me the car for MSRP. I had to drive 2 hours out to west Texas for it.

One local dealer told me they wouldn't sell it without the $2K markup because he wont be getting more until 3-5 months from now...but its just sitting on his showroom and has been for the past 6 weeks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
His stupidity and loss. They will sell it but below MSRP in a month or so.

New vehicles are now being released from manufacturers especially Kia/Hyundai and the chip shortage that caused most of this, will be on the back burner shortly.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts