Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
so the white 2022 6spd i found in TN last night doesn't want an out of state sale.. :rolleyes:

edit - with proof. this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2022 DCT VN, 2005 Honda S2000
61 Posts
Same thing happened to me, i was looking at one in AZ and they wouldnt sell to me out of state.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Same thing happened to me, i was looking at one in AZ and they wouldnt sell to me out of state.
just feels weird. i helped my sister, brother & father purchase cars out of state (granted not as far away as TN). when i spoke on the phone with the sales person i offered cash or financing, no trade (not driving my scion that far, i'll sell it locally), and told him i'd take care of all the nys dmv stuff. just feels awful honestly knowing the car is available somewhere (at msrp with no markup), and they won't sell it to me.

i should find someone in TN that will buy the car from the dealer and sell it to me for a small profit (for their time) :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's a white DCT listed at Ken Ganley Hyundai if the manual isn't a dealbreaker for you. I was searching basically the whole east coast for a black manual, but got super lucky getting a red manual at MSRP here in Ohio. Black ones I found in TX and Maryland were trying to add 3K and 5k, respectively.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There's a white DCT listed at Ken Ganley Hyundai if the manual isn't a dealbreaker for you. I was searching basically the whole east coast for a black manual, but got super lucky getting a red manual at MSRP here in Ohio. Black ones I found in TX and Maryland were trying to add 3K and 5k, respectively.
yeah i found a black manual in SC last week, but they wouldn't budge on their $4k adjustment (they justified it with "everyone else is doing it"). i did get to test drive the DCT recently and honestly it was so much better than i thought it would be, but i just can't go back to 2 pedals. maybe if i lived in a larger city with stop & go traffic i'd really consider it but i don't.

last night i was reading a thread over on the N subreddit (reddit) and some people were speculating about arriving fall allocations that should be coming into dealer lots soon. maybe i'll get lucky..

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah i found a black manual in SC last week, but they wouldn't budge on their $4k adjustment (they justified it with "everyone else is doing it"). i did get to test drive the DCT recently and honestly it was so much better than i thought it would be, but i just can't go back to 2 pedals. maybe if i lived in a larger city with stop & go traffic i'd really consider it but i don't.

last night i was reading a thread over on the N subreddit (reddit) and some people were speculating about arriving fall allocations that should be coming into dealer lots soon. maybe i'll get lucky..
Best of luck to you. It was the same for me. Stick was a must, although I wouldn't do white. Midwest dealers seemed to be better about keeping to MSRP. There were a few in Wisconsin and here that got snapped up quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Best of luck to you. It was the same for me. Stick was a must, although I wouldn't do white. Midwest dealers seemed to be better about keeping to MSRP. There were a few in Wisconsin and here that got snapped up quick.
thanks! i'll be honest i don't love any of the 4 colors this car comes in (and why exactly can't we have the grey canada gets??). i've had the same black car last 12 years, i just want something different. i think the red does look good but then the taillights & calipers don't stand out as much (nitpicking i know), so it's between blue & white for me, and i'm leaning towards white. but at this point i'm pretty open to either given the extreme lack of options. and as much as i think i want to keep rowing my own the dct i test drove was pretty incredible. i can definitely see why so many opt for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks! i'll be honest i don't love any of the 4 colors this car comes in (and why exactly can't we have the grey canada gets??). i've had the same black car last 12 years, i just want something different. i think the red does look good but then the taillights & calipers don't stand out as much (nitpicking i know), so it's between blue & white for me, and i'm leaning towards white. but at this point i'm pretty open to either given the extreme lack of options. and as much as i think i want to keep rowing my own the dct i test drove was pretty incredible. i can definitely see why so many opt for it.
Ha, I actually tried to buy a grey one from Canada. I was sorting out all the hoops I'd need to go through before the salesman said Hyundai wouldn't allow it. I love the matte look too, but I wouldn't want to take care of it. Maybe I'll get a wrap down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Bit of a hike, but looks like there's a white manual listed in Tennessee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Oh, damn. Yeah, that's really stupid. And must be one of the only ones. I had talked to dealers in Wisconsin, Maryland, Texas, Georgia, and Connecticut.
right? i helped my sister purchase the car she wanted in PA, and my father who found his car in MD, no issues at all with either purchase. the person i spoke with on the phone said that TN has strict dmv registration laws so maybe that's why? i know here in NY if you buy a car from a dealer it has to leave with real NY plates, we don't have temp paper or stickers like other states. maybe it's something weird like that i have no idea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
right? i helped my sister purchase the car she wanted in PA, and my father who found his car in MD, no issues at all with either purchase. the person i spoke with on the phone said that TN has strict dmv registration laws so maybe that's why? i know here in NY if you buy a car from a dealer it has to leave with real NY plates, we don't have temp paper or stickers like other states. maybe it's something weird like that i have no idea.
Thats how it is in AZ right now too. Supposedly its due to Covid but they said the dealership wont deal with selling a car that wont be registered in that state.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Thats how it is in AZ right now too. Supposedly its due to Covid but they said the dealership wont deal with selling a car that wont be registered in that state.
i guess this just stings more than it should because i'm finally ready to part with my car after so many years of ownership, found exactly what i want, have cash in hand, and i can't find anyone near me that has one for sale (and by near me i mean within 500-1000 miles). i'm starting to wonder if i should settle for something else, but i'm not even sure what that is right now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just checked cars.com and it looks like theres 2 available right now within a 1000 mile radius ish of syracuse. Now i just used a random zip code from that area so we could be adding a few dozen miles but i wonder if you've already contacted them? Looks like an Ultra Black DCT and a Racing Red MT i think?

Has it been more that the sales have been getting taken from you before you can lock it down or are you looking only at dealerships which are priced in the range you want to pay?

So for me i encountered a similar issue at first when i was in the market for my N. However for me, i dont bother with going to the dealership. I always converse over email first. Email gives me the power of negotiation. And honestly i'm a bit of a dick when it comes to it, but i also always get the deals i want. I essentially pit dealerships against each other. I'm also in the habit of telling the salesperson that contacts me that time is valuable to me and that i want to make this a quick transaction. This does two things. It makes it so that if 1: they dont respond in what i consider a timely manner, i use this as leverage. And 2: It tells them i'm ready to buy.

All dealerships are willing to negotiate down any markup. Its just making it worth it for them to do so, this also means things like threatening bad reviews for them on Google or Yelp (google is better as it cant be deleted i think) and this can push the sales person to get you the car you want at the price you want less they get in trouble with their management.

This is basically how i managed to get the EXACT car i wanted without the 4k markup they originally claimed they could not remove.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just checked cars.com and it looks like theres 2 available right now within a 1000 mile radius ish of syracuse. Now i just used a random zip code from that area so we could be adding a few dozen miles but i wonder if you've already contacted them? Looks like an Ultra Black DCT and a Racing Red MT i think?

Has it been more that the sales have been getting taken from you before you can lock it down or are you looking only at dealerships which are priced in the range you want to pay?

So for me i encountered a similar issue at first when i was in the market for my N. However for me, i dont bother with going to the dealership. I always converse over email first. Email gives me the power of negotiation. And honestly i'm a bit of a dick when it comes to it, but i also always get the deals i want. I essentially pit dealerships against each other. I'm also in the habit of telling the salesperson that contacts me that time is valuable to me and that i want to make this a quick transaction. This does two things. It makes it so that if 1: they dont respond in what i consider a timely manner, i use this as leverage. And 2: It tells them i'm ready to buy.

All dealerships are willing to negotiate down any markup. Its just making it worth it for them to do so, this also means things like threatening bad reviews for them on Google or Yelp (google is better as it cant be deleted i think) and this can push the sales person to get you the car you want at the price you want less they get in trouble with their management.

This is basically how i managed to get the EXACT car i wanted without the 4k markup they originally claimed they could not remove.
have been looking for a specific color & trans combo (white 6spd), which is what is making this so difficult. i'd really rather not pay over MSRP but at this point i'm willing to go 1-2k over. i have a few dealers i'm going to reach out to monday morning (FL & TX), fingers crossed.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts