Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
515 Posts
I need to keep this as a reference. I use my different modes so I know that spring is getting used.

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
95 Posts
Can't seem to find the repair manual for replacing this? If anyone has it and is willing to share I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't seem to find the repair manual for replacing this? If anyone has it and is willing to share I'd greatly appreciate it.
It's really easy if you haven't looked already. Just follow the passenger side exhaust tip back and you'll find the actuator, its held on by 3 8mm bolts (i think) unplug and unbolt the actuator and the spring should be sitting in place with a small clip, you dont even need to raise the car. Replace the spring and the rattle will be eliminated. I can confirm this does work as well, I was running the ark mid pipe and sxth downpipe and developed awful rattle turns out it was the spring.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
95 Posts
Good to know. I hadn't looked at it yet. I'll pick this up and see if it solves the noises I hear in normal mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome find and info! Quick question about spring usage. Does the spring wear out from use (switching modes a lot) or just time? Probably gonna buy one either way, but I wanna know if switching to N mode everyday during commute will wear the spring faster than doing it say, half the time? Thanks!

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
515 Posts
Awesome find and info! Quick question about spring usage. Does the spring wear out from use (switching modes a lot) or just time? Probably gonna buy one either way, but I wanna know if switching to N mode everyday during commute will wear the spring faster than doing it say, half the time? Thanks!
I am wondering the same thing. I go out of my way to switch modes to keep things working. I have to admit, I am usually in N Custom or Sport mode most of the time. I am not having any issues, but I am thinking about adding one to my parts inventory. I figure if it starts to rattle I could use my warranty, but it would just come back later, or fix it with a stronger spring. It appears to be a simple job.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Springs wear from use and tension generally. They can wear due to their metallurgy as well.

Wear from this type of spring, is both from tension and usage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts