Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PP. 2000km new car. Car used to have a long string of burps after lifting in N mode. But after a new tank of gas last night, it stopped makes that burping sound; and occassional ones that goes off sound very faint. I also have this feeling that the exhaust in general has become less sharp.
The car still make the anti-lag pop at high rpm when the "loading bar" shows, but that sounds has also became much more fainted.

I wonder if it is just this specific tank of gas has caused ECU to behave differently, or there is a problem with the car's muffler valve or engine. Gas is 91 from Shell.
May I ask how do I check if the muffler valve is properly operating? Where is it located and how to physically check if it is operating properly?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Only thing I didnt have anyone to help me check. And I dont know if this is normal or not. But when I started mine in normal mode the flap stays open when it is idling. It only closes when you give it gas apparently. And must just stay open all the time in sport or n mode

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing I didnt have anyone to help me check. And I dont know if this is normal or not. But when I started mine in normal mode the flap stays open when it is idling. It only closes when you give it gas apparently. And must just stay open all the time in sport or n mode
I think you might be right. You know the car gives a little bit gas when you bring up the clutch. That usually is accompanied by a rather deep exhaust note. But when i give it a bit gas to pull away, the sound actually becomes quite. I will report back after I go ckeck it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine is exactly the same. Lol. Be in eco but if u just ease over like a speed bump with no gas just letting off clutch it sounds in sport mode. Hahhaa. I like it actually. Just wondered if mine was only one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts