Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice a lot of break dust on their rims in the first few hundred miles? I haven’t even been breaking hard and just lightly using them and I’m getting a lot of break dust.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Different pad materials utilized. They will dust up more during brake in. Just be sure you don't glaze the pads and use some common sense with the brakes until they are broke in. It will take about 500 miles to seat them properly. NO panic stops or hard braking for at least 250 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excessive Brake Dust

When I got my N, there was a little tag taped to the glove box that said that due to the use of high performance brake pads, there would be extra brake dust and rotor wear.

The brakes are a lot better than I had on my 2016 R-Spec, so I don't mind the dust. It comes off in the wash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I finally had a warm enough day to wash the car. Anyone figure out a good brush to use to clean the calipers? I have a giant bottle type brush and the velour tube type brush, but neither will get the caliper clean, and my fingers are way too short. I also noticed the rotors rust over really fast. I didn't ever start to dry the car before they had the rusty glaze!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Washed mine today too, first hand wash.
Very intricate to dry. I ended up taking her around the block to scrub the rust off the rotors.
When I got back the rotors were nice and shiny again.
However I had to dry a lot of the car again due to runoff from the spoiler and mirrors etc.
Next time I'll blow the water out of all the nooks and crannies with my compressor before drying.
Found one stone chip on front passenger fender. (It hurts). And of course Murphy dictates it's about an inch
Outside the protection film.
I don't know if they have touch up pens for the performance blue yet, they didn't when I picked her up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I finally had a warm enough day to wash the car. Anyone figure out a good brush to use to clean the calipers? I have a giant bottle type brush and the velour tube type brush, but neither will get the caliper clean, and my fingers are way too short. I also noticed the rotors rust over really fast. I didn't ever start to dry the car before they had the rusty glaze!
Speedmaster and Speedmaster Junior brushes FTW :nerd:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes sir! I had the large one already (what I call a large 10" bottle brush w/ 4" diameter) and just picked up a smaller version (about 4" long and maybe 2" in diameter). It's snowing here today, so I'll have to wait until it gets warmer to try them out. And as others have mentioned, I guess hooking up an air nozzle on the compressor will help too ... at least blowing out the water to get ahead of the rusty discs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah...a few weeks in, I am not hypothesizing that with the amount of brake dust these cars make, that a ceramic wheel coating is going to be our best friends...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts