Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just two weeks after getting my car back from a 28 day transmission replacement, my 2021 6mt throws 5 warnings on my dash: high beam assist (didn't know I had that), limited slip differential warning, rear cross collision warning, blind spot monitoring warning, and front end collision warnings system warning. How could they all be related?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Let me think about this one for a bit.

BCM failure, error possibly or not properly connected. CANBUS issue but I doubt it.

Try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour. This is the normal reset time required. I’m not saying to purchase one but for location to check the plug.

Still thinking though. Something isn't fully connected or making intermittent contact. Check all the grounding points.👍🇺🇸

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Appreciate the guidance. I'm not sure though what items I should look at for connection quality. That blow up diagram doesn't look clear when I pinch to zoom. Connections all seem to be secure on electronic components I can reach under the hood. The thirty minute reset didn't fix the forward safety system. Worth mentioning I rolled in to my son's school parking lot smooth and slow so nothing that should have jostled a connection.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I’m sure there’s something wrong with the way the reinstalled certain components. I’m attempting to narrow it down in thought but there’s allot go thru without having a GDS. It can be a module, to as little as a pin in one of the connectors.

Have you attempted to take it back to the same dealership to make a complaint? Personally, I’d look for another but this is solely your call.

I sympathize with you and the problems your having after the transmission install. I know it’s frustrating but it’s worth the effort to take it to another dealership for a second opinion so to speak.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
128 Posts
Agree with @RedVN - I'd just take it to a dealership and have them fix/troubleshoot. In my opinion it is good to have these issues documented so that there's a historical paper trail established.

I have a 2021 6mt as well with 14k miles now and no issues. I really appreciated the safety features with my 2017 Elantra Sport and was happy Hyundai introduced them in the VN for the 2021 model year. Rear cross traffic alert comes in very handy.

Reactions: Qrush

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no regrets on the safety features. I've got a healthy swivel on my neck but the sensors add a level of assurance beyond what my peepers see. I've documented it here, YouTube, and via email to the dealership that did the transmission. I'm not inclined to ever go back to them again but I might for free oil changes. That they'll no doubt screw up. If the sensors act up again I'll schedule an appointment but right now the dash is clear and I have a track weekend in two weeks that I don't have a backup car for should they decide to keep it for a month again. I actually would have a backup Porsche 911 if the VN craps out at the track but it's not one I'd feel comfortable driving hard cuz it ain't mine!

I appreciate the sympathy. I recognize it's rare. But I'm sure getting a stinky pile for all those with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts