Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Engine mounts?

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  RedVN 
#1 ·
Aloha all you N aficionados. I would like some feed back on engine mounts. I have the Boomba rear mount on. I'm considering the upper mount .I Was wondering if any one notice difference in performance in handling/ wheel hop, compared to just the lower mount. Is it even worth doing the other mount?

#2 ·
Ya. I got bot TTR mounts and LOVE them both. WAY better than stock. I had the Boomba rear one only but I couldn't get rid of the 1200 rpm vibration. I then switched to the TTR's. No vibrations after about 250 miles. Wouldn't change a thing!

Best regards,

-Mike

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thank you Red VN, for all your information, and help. Love how active you are in the community. Are you the car in the Xforce U tube videos? And do you have list if all your mods on your car, and what companies you used. Love to see what build path you're using cuz it sounds like I'm probably following the same path as you🤙

#5 · (Edited)
No, I stay in the background and work for quite a few sponsors, their R & D departments or the owners directly.
and Aaron are one of my sponsors and we developed the upper and lower motor mounts for the VN. My primary sponsor is
UK.
I been utilizing their part for nearly as long as they've been around. They're a great bunch of people to work with and for. No, I don't get paid by any but volunteer my time to help them. Being able and asked to do so is an honor, privilege and enjoyment. I hope to be doing so, for as long as they need my assistance. We've done a lot of project over 2020 and there are more coming, from as far away as Australia.

My wife and I have been helping people one way or another through our 20 years Armed Forces Careers, 20 year Professional Championship Bass Fishing Careers, to our helping our neighbors, to this. It's a diverse life full of wonder and gratitude and I'm most thankful to the one who made it all possible.

Follow it here and I have a facebook page as well. Won't do instagram or twitter.

#6 ·
I have the Boomba rear and TTR upper. The rear alone is VERY rough at low RPMs (as you've noticed). I added the TTR upper 2-3k miles later. That smoothed most everything out. I still experience some noise and vibs when I miss the sweet spot in 1st, but that's on me. The difference was night and day. I like it now.

Can't speak to performance based on mounts, but I embarrassed a 6.7 power stroke on Friday. And he started it! All in fun, though.

B

#8 ·
I got the ttr upper and boomba lower for about 2-3k miles and I still feel vibrations when moving in 1st gear. The upper does reduce felt vibrations a lot when compared to just having a lower mount. But I would give ttr upper and lower combo a try considering people say it dramatically reduces vibrations to near stock levels. Plus I also want to use the same manufacturers for similar component groups. Don't like mixing manufacturers. Got the boomba before ttr made any mounts. Maybe one day I'll switch to ttr lower.

#12 ·
There are two mounts available; upper and lower.

TURBO TECH RACING UPPER RIGHT and LOWER MOTOR MOUNT...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.