Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Elantra N

38K views 174 replies 36 participants last post by  Veloster Jay 
#1 ·

I think I’m going to wait for this car. Do you guys think this may/may not step on the shoes of the VN sales? Will this forum convert to Hyundai N forums?

#2 ·
Maybe, but for somebody with a family this would be a great way to get performance and a proper kid hauler. I am past that. I said in another post my "cargo" requirements are to fit my wife and my 'cello. For going into the office, or picking up some groceries, I really like that third back door. I would kind of like a broader "N" forum, but who knows?

Reactions: Ghost
#4 ·
I adjust my side mirrors outward so that lane changes are pretty easy. This is not typical. I do not monitor my rear quarter panels. I fully expect them to stay attached. I use properly adjusted side mirrors. My Gen Coupe did not have the best rearward visibility either, so I use my mirrors which I adjust outward. Having said that, I did not answer your question well, did I?

Reactions: WoodmanMN
#5 ·
I am amazed at how poorly people are taught how to position their side mirrors.
If you can see any part of the side of your car, they're too far in. Ideally, you can see a car in your blind spot (without the blind spot mirrors like current Ford's have) without having to turn your head. When you do turn your head, you should see the nose of the car on your side out of your peripheral vision. That's when you've got them adjusted right.

#6 ·
Exactly Woodman. In fact, that section of my driver's side mirror designed for blind spots drives me nuts. A chunk of my mirror is useless to me. I guess people are not taught the purpose and proper adjustment of the side mirrors.

Reactions: WoodmanMN
#7 ·
Driver education on a whole is grossly lacking. No one is taught the importance of driving on the right/passing on the left. No one is taught to leave your ego at home when driving. Being passed is not a challenge, it's not a race, and it's not your job to prevent someone from passing (happens to me often on two lane blacktops). No one is taught how to properly merge at speed. And the abject hate about roundabouts just boggles my mind. You'd rather just sit there, wasting gas, waiting on cross traffic when you can just easily merge and slip in/out of the roundabout as needed?

#9 ·
Elantra N looks awesome! Can’t wait to see what they’re going to drop that new 2.5l engine into down the road. The Sonata N-Aline looks cool but I want to see that 2.5l engine fully tuned in a full N model.

#11 · (Edited)
I wonder what the wheels weigh....

#20 ·
#24 ·
-IDA: Integrated axle assemblies in front
-Bigger turbocharger / revised intake
-Linear exhaust valve control
-Gauges displayed in main cluster with temperature readings in numerical values instead of a bar
-More customization for N modes
-Michelin PS4S tires

Dislikes:
-The front bumper is an abomination
-The wheels are very gaudy
-US market probably will not get alacantra seats
-Potentially price

From the video it looks like it shares the same strut design as the VN which means any coil overs / springs for the VN should fit. I can imagine things like catch cans / manifold spacers / enigne mounts might be the same / similar. But it would appear that the intake is different, and any other performance parts would be different too (intercoolers etc)

#25 ·
Something a little smaller, but I really like that it looks like you can export driving data to be viewed at a later date. It drives me crazy that we have to view our data one parameter at a time directly after driving to be able to look at it. The format they showed in that video for the Elantra seems like it will be much more helpful for analyzing track days

#27 · (Edited)

#30 ·
Given various life events, I no longer have an N. Which means now I'm looking again end of this year or early next year. I'm really drawn to the Elantra N for all the upgrades, but I hope the rear seats still fold and I hope it's possible to easily remove the Rear Stiff Bar. Otherwise, it's the Veloster N for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.