Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats! I'm curious if the EN has a different exhaust between the DCT and 6MT version like the 2021+ VN's have. I know if you swapped out exhausts from the VN 6MT to the DCT you got more volume. I love my pops and crackles on upshift/downshift. You kind of miss some of that with that super quick DCT.
For some reason I don't like the look of the front or the rear. I think it's those black parts are just too big. It may change for me in person.

I love my little Veloster N. The only car I may get out of the VN for the the GR Corolla. I love cars that are rare and exciting when you spot one. Veloster's are that for me, my last car was a Kia Stinger which was also a rare car, constantly asked what it was and was always exciting seeing one.
You can do a custom setting for the transmission to shift the slowest and you can get those farts. lol I am fine with no pops between shifts so it's cool. I already ordered LEDs for all the exterior lights, a tow hook plate holder and an Alcantara shift knob and boot. lol Oh and Adro already has a widebody kit for it so I have a feeling the aftermarket is going to take off with the EN and KN being released.
Font Screenshot Audio equipment Design Event

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
40 Posts
Holy 💩 the widebody kit looks pretty sweet. I will say if I decide to get an Elantra N I think the N Performance CF rear spoiler is a must-have. It really looks like it was always meant to be on the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Holy 💩 the widebody kit looks pretty sweet. I will say if I decide to get an Elantra N I think the N Performance CF rear spoiler is a must-have. It really looks like it was always meant to be on the car.
That with a CF trunk. 🤤🤤

·
Registered
764 Posts
Finally got to take a look at an Elantra N in person yesterday at the overcast and rainy Hyundai Experience at Road Atlanta.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Cloud Sky Automotive parking light Tire Wheel

Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

It was not available to drive, but rather just to sit in and for the race team driver to take out. Seeing a car on YouTube versus real life is not always congruent. The front end is less polarizing in person to my eye. It’s definitely a busy style body all around, and probably won’t age well, but it looks better in person.

I had a brief chat with the Bryan Herta race driver and he (of course) said it handled great. I specifically asked him about alignment and temp management and he said that oil temp never ran away during sessions in CA at 110°F temps. He also said the factory alignment is pretty aggressive in terms of negative camber.

Im 6’1” and barely just barely fit with a helmet in the DCT car that comes with a mandatory sunroof.

Excited to get a chance to drive it if a local dealer ever has one in stock for more than a day and would allow a test drive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally got to take a look at an Elantra N in person yesterday at the overcast and rainy Hyundai Experience at Road Atlanta.
View attachment 7677
View attachment 7678
View attachment 7679
It was not available to drive, but rather just to sit in and for the race team driver to take out. Seeing a car on YouTube versus real life is not always congruent. The front end is less polarizing in person to my eye. It’s definitely a busy style body all around, and probably won’t age well, but it looks better in person.

I had a brief chat with the Bryan Herta race driver and he (of course) said it handled great. I specifically asked him about alignment and temp management and he said that oil temp never ran away during sessions in CA at 110°F temps. He also said the factory alignment is pretty aggressive in terms of negative camber.

Im 6’1” and barely just barely fit with a helmet in the DCT car that comes with a mandatory sunroof.

Excited to get a chance to drive it if a local dealer ever has one in stock for more than a day and would allow a test drive.
Thanks this is great info. I was set on trading my 2021 VN DCT to an EN, but now I am having doubts. I especially don't like the fact you said you barely fit with a helmet. I am same height as you so I would have the same issue. Though I am not sure how much better my VN will be. I am still helmet shopping so have not tracked mine yet.

I am curious about the size and the feeling of that size when you were in the car. I know the wheelbase is a few inches longer and its a slightly wider track, but did the car 'feel' big, overly long, or heavy? I know you didn't get to drive it but just wondering about your thoughts on those topics. Thanks again!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Happy to respond as best as I can. For reference, I’m 6’1” with a 32” inseam, so a bit longer in the torso than legs. Using a Racequip Pro20 helmet. The Official Site of RaceQuip® and Safe-Quip Brands
Helmet Peripheral Product Input device Sports equipment

To fit comfortably in the VN with a helmet I had to remove the grab handle otherwise the top side of my helmet would occasionally hit the handle. And then there was maybe 0.5” of headroom to the headliner. I had a 2020 so had the old style seats.

From what I remember the EN doesn’t have a grab handle there so it’s more of a concern between the helmet and the headliner. If I sat normal in the seat my helmet didn’t touch. But if I moved around to shift position in the seat it would bump the headliner slightly at the edge of the sunroof. I had maybe 0.3” to the headliner as best as I can tell, but I’m just estimating since the measurements are so small.

The EN interior design wraps around the driver a bit more than the VN, especially because of the center console grab handle and the center screen above the climate controls being slightly turned toward the driver. It felt spacious yet close if that makes sense. No less feeling of space than the VN to me. What I did notice conning from the old style seats in the 2020 VN is that the thigh bolsters in the EN restrict side-to-side leg movement more, which makes the space feel a bit more constricted. But if you’re used to the 2021+ seats that won’t be an issue for you. The car didn’t feel “big” when looking behind from the driver seat, but I can’t say how if feels with a drive since I haven’t had the chance yet.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer in the Connecticut area not charging additional markups on the car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
One other question. Is the "ceramic white" color a metallic/pearlescent shade?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from, Hyundai of Saint Augustine charged no markup and no protection package. I paid MSRP plus a document fee of $600 I believe. A friend of mine from a long time ago works there so it's possible I received some preferential treatment but if I can help anyone land one from this dealership I'm happy to try.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found a dealer at MSRP (Hyundai of Meriden). Woo hoo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to my dealer around Thanksgiving and put $500 down. So far, they haven't cashed my check and nobody has called me although they did say 3 - 6 months. I am getting inpatient. I was promised MSRP and I'm sure they will honor that. Maybe I should check in with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to my dealer around Thanksgiving and put $500 down. So far, they haven't cashed my check and nobody has called me although they did say 3 - 6 months. I am getting inpatient. I was promised MSRP and I'm sure they will honor that. Maybe I should check in with them.
I would continue to call them every few days. So the story with mine was that even though I have a friend at this dealership and he was supposed to let me know as soon as he had a Veloster N coming in, he did not. The car arrived and was sold and I only ever found out about it because I asked him later. So when it came time to try and find an Elantra N, I just called him every 2-3 days until he had one showing up in his system for delivery. That happened about six weeks before it actually arrived. It was not visible on the Hyundai inventory search at that time so you can get a jump on that system if you consistently follow-up with the delearship. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anybody seen the ceramic white color? Is it pearlescent??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nabbed a Perf Blue manual this past weekend. 500 miles on the clock so far. Dealership gave me $33k for my VN DCT. $1500 over MSRP was best I could get them down, but it included window tint and vinyl protection on the door edges, rear bumper by the trunk, and under the door handles. All stuff I was going to do anyways.

It drives like performance sedan should. Very balanced, very planted. Ride is much more comfortable in a long trip or daily sense. Feels like they really got the damping right, especially on high speed bumps.

The VN drives like a performance hot hatch should. Both cars are exactly what they should be, and I feel Hyundai has really knocked it out of the park with both these cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nabbed a Perf Blue manual this past weekend. 500 miles on the clock so far. Dealership gave me $33k for my VN DCT. $1500 over MSRP was best I could get them down, but it included window tint and vinyl protection on the door edges, rear bumper by the trunk, and under the door handles. All stuff I was going to do anyways.

It drives like performance sedan should. Very balanced, very planted. Ride is much more comfortable in a long trip or daily sense. Feels like they really got the damping right, especially on high speed bumps.

The VN drives like a performance hot hatch should. Both cars are exactly what they should be, and I feel Hyundai has really knocked it out of the park with both these cars.
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've noticed a few people claiming the Elantra N is actually producing closer to 276 wheel horsepower rather than at the crank as Hyundai advertises. It seems to based around a dyno done by sxth. Thoughts on this?

141 - 160 of 170 Posts