Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm 6'1" and 235 pounds at the last doctor visit and I'm perfectly happy with the VN seats. I was concerned before I got it because I had a 2019 R-spec and long trips were brutal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Post the information from a reliable source. Show me the facts which you haven’t done, not the comments.

Also, post the applicable VIN and purchase order with the personal information redacted.

I don’t need to guess, I have a reliable dealership which is one of the largest corporate sellers in the country.🇺🇸
Delivery date is 12/20 and got it for MSRP. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
They mentioned that based on Vin the cars can come from Korea/Mexico or Alabama. I'm going to trust that the dealer will take care of me and get me the car within 6 months. Maybe it is an allotment request..not sure.
N vehicles are only built in South Korea.

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
62 Posts
Looks like they're coming in now. This just got posted

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Im rooting for Hyundai and all, but obviously you get more for your money with the Elantra N. Anyone else feel a little jabbed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im rooting for Hyundai and all, but obviously you get more for your money with the Elantra N. Anyone else feel a little jabbed?
For me I specifically wanted the VN over the EN - I much prefer the look over the sedan. I also prefer the analog gauges, blue seatbelts, no sunroof, and manual seats. If the Elantra had stuck with the 2017/18 body style it would be a much harder decision for me. I just don't like the design language of the current Elantra although I can respect what it brings to the table.

I only wanted the 2021+ VN though because I really wanted the safety features (my 2017 ES had them) along with the new sport seats and built-in nav with the updated higher resolution headunit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FYI, Planet Hyundai in Golden Colorado told me today they will be getting an Electric Blue Elantra N MT in January. No pricing info yet.

I was in getting my 2 year service today on my Veloster N. The technician stalled it 4 times trying to move it into the service area. The Service Writer finally had to drive it in!

·
Registered
62 Posts
FYI, Planet Hyundai in Golden Colorado told me today they will be getting an Electric Blue Elantra N MT in January. No pricing info yet.

I was in getting my 2 year service today on my Veloster N. The technician stalled it 4 times trying to move it into the service area. The Service Writer finally had to drive it in!
Guess they don't know how to drive stick :( .
I didn't know the EN can be had in Electric Blue. I had it on my ES - very vibrant color and stands out in a good way.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'm sure the color they're talking about is Intense Blue. It's pretty much the color Spider-Man is. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reactions: TxElantraN

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks awesome. So, question. How were you able to land one so early? I went about 3 weeks ago and told my dealer to get me one and so far, have heard nothing. They said 3 - 6 months. I do see online that a few here and there are starting to show up now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks awesome. So, question. How were you able to land one so early? I went about 3 weeks ago and told my dealer to get me one and so far, have heard nothing. They said 3 - 6 months. I do see online that a few here and there are starting to show up now.
I got a lead on some allotments coming in end of October. Called the 3 that had the color/transmission I wanted to verify it was coming and if they would sell it for MSRP. First 2 flat out said $3k to $5k markup and the third said yes and yes. Put a $500 deposit down on 10/27 and it wasn't even in transit yet. Beginning of Dec I got word my ETA was 12/20 and it got here a week early on 12/13. $38,153.04 OTD, paid MSRP+$30 first aid kit. Dealer is in NY and I am in TX so have to ship it 1700 miles and still saving thousands of dollars over the dealer in the next city over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is awesome! Let us know how it drives. Can't wait for mine to get here if my dealer is true to his word and gets me one. He promised MSRP only, so, it will be a great deal when it does. I just have to be patient I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is awesome! Let us know how it drives. Can't wait for mine to get here if my dealer is true to his word and gets me one. He promised MSRP only, so, it will be a great deal when it does. I just have to be patient I guess.
Thanks and good luck!!!! I see all these people paying a markup on the KN and some on the EN and there is no way. $38k is already pushing it for an Elantra. I have never driven an N car before nor have I even sat in the new Elantra yet still bought the EN. I have been waiting 5 years for this car to come ever since I heard a rumor about it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My EN landed at the dealer a week early. lol
Congrats! I'm curious if the EN has a different exhaust between the DCT and 6MT version like the 2021+ VN's have. I know if you swapped out exhausts from the VN 6MT to the DCT you got more volume. I love my pops and crackles on upshift/downshift. You kind of miss some of that with that super quick DCT.
For some reason I don't like the look of the front or the rear. I think it's those black parts are just too big. It may change for me in person.

I love my little Veloster N. The only car I may get out of the VN for the the GR Corolla. I love cars that are rare and exciting when you spot one. Veloster's are that for me, my last car was a Kia Stinger which was also a rare car, constantly asked what it was and was always exciting seeing one.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts