Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guys, an rtx 2060 costs $800, for the love. Where have you all been for the last 2 years? No ECUs for vehicles, no pcbs, no stock, low manufacturing... It is expensive but it's not out of line. If you want an access port then go buy a Subaru. Then you'll see expensive when your paying 10k for a built motor so you can reliably push 350whp lol.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
Funny you said that I just got my second 3060 ti for msrp today($399)! There's a few 3070 tis and others at my local bb right now as msrp.

Don't pay scalper prices. Ask your friends who have connections or wait it out.. It's not as bad as it seems to be. People are just mining crypto and the ones with connections get it first.

Anyway don't compare graphic cards shortages with arm chip manufacturing that's just silly. Lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Funny you said that I just got my second 3060 ti for msrp today($399)! There's a few 3070 tis and others at my local bb right now as msrp.

Don't pay scalper prices. Ask your friends who have connections or wait it out.. It's not as bad as it seems to be. People are just mining crypto and the ones with connections get it first.

Anyway don't compare graphic cards shortages with arm chip manufacturing that's just silly. Lol
I would never and have never paid scalper prices. Because no one is making me. My comparison is to manufacturing in general, everything has slowed down and become more expensive. Everything. My advice to all of you is wait it out if you don't wanna pay the money. Or you could find someone else..or just not tune the car. This platform has always been hard to tune but what sxth is doing here will make the process much easier and cheaper over time...

I don't have the ek pro yet, because I'm already tuned and have a phone setup for monitoring and logging.. it's just not a priority for me rn. I will be purchasing one in the future so I can change tunes otf when I get methanol or have the car dialed in for race fuel.

·
Banned
4,133 Posts
@Xerxes Question regarding the OEM ECU Flash counter; How are you dealing with this directly? If the ECU is flashed the counter will register another software upload. Does it also remove it from the flash counter?

I hope you decide to keep the swappable ECU in lieu of this option.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
599 Posts
Guys says he is a believer in the free market but up in arms of someone’s own proprietary cost??!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE FREE MARKET THEN YOU WOULDNT COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICES!

-JE

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
Yes you clearly think that. You might want to stay on topic rather than complain about somebody's statement that triggered you because you misunderstood them. That's not what cateogorized discussion forums are for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Side note: I got a 30
@Xerxes Question regarding the OEM ECU Flash counter; How are you dealing with this directly? If the ECU is flashed the counter will register another software upload. Does it also remove it from the flash counter?

I hope you decide to keep the swappable ECU in lieu of this option.
Good question. In the GDS there is an option to validate the calibration software. So long as the stock data has been flashed back, there would be no issue. Unfortunately to unlock an ECU for OBD flashing we have to write a bench unlock. This can only be removed with another bench flash here using a specialized process.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
What is the process for sending you my spare ecu to have it unlocked so I can utilize the ek1pro with the spare I already got from sxth. Do I pay additional fees and do I get a copy of the tune I already purchased? If so I'll order one now while they are in stock.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, you would get the simulated stock file + the file you purchased originally.
Is there any difference with the "simulated" stock file vs actual?

I see now why it requries the spare ecu. I think its a bit ridiculous that these require a bench flash to get to be able to OBD flash software. I highly doubt Hyundai themselves remove every PCM for an update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there any difference with the "simulated" stock file vs actual?

I see now why it requries the spare ecu. I think its a bit ridiculous that these require a bench flash to get to be able to OBD flash software. I highly doubt Hyundai themselves remove every PCM for an update.
No, other than the RSA block. We just call it simulated stock because it is technically not 100% OEM, it's patched.

Hyundai software is updated over OBD, but the file being written has to match a software ID and the seed key is transferred in an encrypted manner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
@Xerxes How would it work with the pure turbo? Do you offer a tune that turnes it down along with my current tune or is that something we would need to work out with logs? Same with turning it up say for race fuel? Also how does the EK mount?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts