Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on e-Bay just browsing around. They are for our cars.....

Catted version:

Non-Catted Version:

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: SD VeloN

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only, and I mean the only thing I see that is wrong with them is there is no place to connect the stock heat shielding. Other than that they look GREAT!

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only, and I mean the only thing I see that is wrong with them is there is no place to connect the stock heat shielding. Other than that they look GREAT!

Br,

-Mike
Do you think you'd still need the exhaust heat shielding after having them coated?

-Sam

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would still use it. The hood already gets hot as he11 even with the stock one and heat shielding. I may contact them to see if they can fabricate them with the studs to attach the heat shielding. If they can I am sure they would sell out of them very fast.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, I contacted them about making the down pipes with the stud protrusions for the heat shields. I will let you all know what he says.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, heard back from the e-bay vendor and he said he can't make them with the protrusions. This makes me believe they are outsourced. If they were not then why not just spend 1/2 hr tops to put them on and make a little more money and many more satisfied customers? Just thinking out loud... Oh, well.... On a side note my down pipe arrived today from Russia. :)

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have information on these down pipes? Im eying the SXTH pretty heavily, heard it's quality and doesn't cause a CEL. I also figure these aftermarket downpipes are essentially all just a metal tube..... $330 vs $1050

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like they are coming from depot racing. I got my genesis coupe test pipes from them because they were super cheap also. In the end I regretted it and wish I paid an extra 50-100 dollars more for better quality. Not sure how this pipe is though, just speaking on the brand in general. I’d be interested but I’m not going to be the Guinea pig.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like they are coming from depot racing. I got my genesis coupe test pipes from them because they were super cheap also. In the end I regretted it and wish I paid an extra 50-100 dollars more for better quality. Not sure how this pipe is though, just speaking on the brand in general. I’d be interested but I’m not going to be the Guinea pig.
Thanks for the insight.. ill probably fork over the 1k for SXTH. I just missed their 15% off ending jul 27 lol

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Afe one is now over 1K too. My God what a rip off!!! I'm sorry. I'd pay no more than 600 bux for one and that's a stretch too. The guy that makes them in Russia is on Instagram.

Best regards,

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts