Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey for those running 18x8.5 wheels, could you guys also drop your wheel offset also what tire specs you guys are running, I'm also curious on how the tire offset (sidewall) will look.
I'm thinking of a 235 winter tire for this winter, just planning ahead of time. Not sure about offset yet, so I wanted to know what tire sizes you guys are running with your 18x8.5 wheel or even 8 inch wide. I'll probably keep the VN on stock suspension too.

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Performance Blue M/T
51 Posts
I've seen many Ns on 18x8.5 that run as low as +38 or even +35 with no issues. I have 18x8.5 wheels on the way and plan to run 225/40R18 with H&R springs installed. It's probably better to run that setup with a small amount of negative camber but I've heard of people having no issues with the 225s. If you are set on running 235 I would suggest either a higher offset or less width. I think with stock suspension you'll be just fine though. @ velosternvy on IG runs 18x8.5 +38 on stock suspension with 235 tires I believe.

EDIT: The wheels I've got coming are +38. Definitely posting pics when they show up!

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N PP MT
20 Posts
Hey for those running 18x8.5 wheels, could you guys also drop your wheel offset also what tire specs you guys are running, I'm also curious on how the tire offset (sidewall) will look.
I'm thinking of a 235 winter tire for this winter, just planning ahead of time. Not sure about offset yet, so I wanted to know what tire sizes you guys are running with your 18x8.5 wheel or even 8 inch wide. I'll probably keep the VN on stock suspension too.

Thanks
I'm running 245/40-18 Michelin ps4's on enkei ty5 wheels 18x8.5 et50. They are almost a perfect stock fit. They poke in and out about 5mm more than stock but there is ZERO rub under any circumstances including beating on my car at the track for a whole day. I'm on stock suspension

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've seen many Ns on 18x8.5 that run as low as +38 or even +35 with no issues. I have 18x8.5 wheels on the way and plan to run 225/40R18 with H&R springs installed. It's probably better to run that setup with a small amount of negative camber but I've heard of people having no issues with the 225s. If you are set on running 235 I would suggest either a higher offset or less width. I think with stock suspension you'll be just fine though. @ velosternvy on IG runs 18x8.5 +38 on stock suspension with 235 tires I believe.

EDIT: The wheels I've got coming are +38. Definitely posting pics when they show up!
Update?

·
Registered
2022 Performance Blue M/T
51 Posts
I have a couple new posts up. To sum it up, stock suspension will work and I'd personally add just a smidge of camber at stock height since the car really should have it in the first place. I actually went with 245s and had no issues stock alignment, stock height so 225 should work great. I'm currently sitting on H&R springs right now with an aggressive camber set up and have a fair amount of rub.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a couple new posts up. To sum it up, stock suspension will work and I'd personally add just a smidge of camber at stock height since the car really should have it in the first place. I actually went with 245s and had no issues stock alignment, stock height so 225 should work great. I'm currently sitting on H&R springs right now with an aggressive camber set up and have a fair amount of rub.
Interesting. I’m running 225/40/R18 right now on 18x8.5’s and I’d say it works great aside from the massive fender gap. I’m going on ARK springs whenever I can install them which should be in a few days because it’s pouring rain today. I have a DCT so I don’t know how it affects the posted ride height but it’s supposed to drop me 1.15” in the front or something like that. With the stretched tire I don’t think I’ll be rubbing unless I hit a pretty stiff bump. Might consider the tiniest bit of camber just to prevent that…
I can update here if you’re interested how it goes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Interesting. I’m running 225/40/R18 right now on 18x8.5’s and I’d say it works great aside from the massive fender gap. I’m going on ARK springs whenever I can install them which should be in a few days because it’s pouring rain today. I have a DCT so I don’t know how it affects the posted ride height but it’s supposed to drop me 1.15” in the front or something like that. With the stretched tire I don’t think I’ll be rubbing unless I hit a pretty stiff bump. Might consider the tiniest bit of camber just to prevent that…
I can update here if you’re interested how it goes
+38 offset I forgot to add

1 - 12 of 12 Posts