Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few things I'm not a huge fan of on the new N is the replacement of the inset mirror on the driver side with the blind-spot monitoring. It seems to me like the definition of losing function through over engineering (though it did get me an insurance discount.

Pretty niche, but I'm kind of curious if a mirror from a 2019 or 2020 would have the same connector to allow a swap. I assume the audible warning would still work without the light with the added benefit of seeing what's there. Yes, I know I could stick one on, but it doesn't look nearly so clean.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You might be able to physically swap the mirrors, however you might run into an issue if the light physically isn't there. It may be part of the BSM system and might set off a code in the BCM (therefore disabling the entire thing). I'm not really sure since I have a 2020 and no BSM :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be able to physically swap the mirrors, however you might run into an issue if the light physically isn't there. It may be part of the BSM system and might set off a code in the BCM (therefore disabling the entire thing). I'm not really sure since I have a 2020 and no BSM :p
I kind of considered trying to find one in a scrapyard that would let me have just the mirror face. In theory, I would think you could splice in the wiring and maybe spoof the light somehow (or tie it up inside the mirror.)

·
Registered
417 Posts
You could most likely do that. You could just try and replace the glass assembly itself instead of the entire mirror, but changing those is a pain in the butt!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could most likely do that. You could just try and replace the glass assembly itself instead of the entire mirror, but changing those is a pain in the butt!
Yeah, the mirrors are a pain to take apart. I actually had a deer snap mine when I had the R-spec. I got a different color from a scrapyard and Frankensteined them together.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The 2019/20 aren't equipped with the blind spot warning. Removing them on the new version, won’t throw a code. You have the function in the drivers menu to turn them off. Just remember the adage; KISS when approaching projects of his kind.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
478 Posts
As much as I hate that stupid mirror insert, it may not be worth it to "fix it." I am one of those people who believes that his quarter panels will stay attached, so my mirrors are adjusted outward into my blind spots. That is about all I use the side mirrors for...and backing up (old habits...).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts