Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just trying to figure out if a downpipe will void my warranty. i found this document. Under examples of modifications that do not void the warranty it says a straight piped exhaust and o2 sensor. Does this mean if you replace the downpipe that the warranty will not be voided? Clarification is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,876 Posts
Yes, you can change the downpipe and still have the factory warranty unless it damages something. I am in the process of changing mine. Just waiting for the pipe from Jet Hot.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
You're fine with the warranty and an aftermarket downpipe. Here's one to consider the Maintec downpipe 200 cell racing cat from South Korea. Affordable well made, retains the OEM heat shields and available now for the VN thru;

·
Administrator
1,876 Posts
They make both. One with no cat and one with a 200 cel cat. Your choice. Hope this helps?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Yes with the
is this a 3 inch no cat??
Yes, with or without, however the downpipe exit is smaller to retain better low end performance. The VN requires retaining some back pressure from the engine power pulse and the small turbo charger. Keep in mind running a catless downpipe, is a direct violation of federal and state emission laws. It will also void a factory warranty, as it's a direct modification to the emissions system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, with or without, however the downpipe exit is smaller to retain better low end performance. The VN requires retaining some back pressure from the engine power pulse and the small turbo charger. Keep in mind running a catless downpipe, is a direct violation of federal and state emission laws. It will also void a factory warranty, as it's a direct modification to the emissions system.
Excuse my seemingly being rude, but I cannot ignore the massive contradictions you've made on your own words by saying "You're fine with the warranty and an aftermarket downpipe." Then countering that by saying "It will also void a factory warranty, as it's a direct modification to the emissions system." This isn't even the first time I've seen you do this on this forum and topic, again, not trying to be rude, but you may be the most misleading person on this forum.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Referring back to post #8 my post;
Keep in mind running a catless downpipe, is a direct violation of federal and state emission laws. It will also void a factory warranty, as it's a direct modification to the emissions system.
Excuse my seemingly being rude, but I cannot ignore the massive contradictions you've made on your own words by saying "You're fine with the warranty and an aftermarket downpipe." Then countering that by saying "It will also void a factory warranty, as it's a direct modification to the emissions system." This isn't even the first time I've seen you do this on this forum and topic, again, not trying to be rude, but you may be the most misleading person on this forum.
There is no contradiction at all, see above and in post # 8. I don't consider it rude, to ask questions. I know you're not trying to be rude but just misunderstood and didn't read the comments as a whole.

As I explained before; If you utilize a non-catted downpipe you'll void the factory emissions warranty. The catalytic converter is part of the emissions system. Also, in all states and IAW with federal emissions standards, a non-catted downpipe can only be utilized for off-road racing. Otherwise it's illegal and against the law.

I suggest you read all the comments in the entire thread and it will help you comprehend the discussion more thoroughly. I most generally explain my thoughts and experiences with as much clarity as I can muster. Just as I have here. You've obviously misread or partially read comments, instead of taking them in there entirety. We all do this from time to time.

Take the time to introduce yourself to the membership. This will generally give you time to read and understand members far better. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the friendly banter!!!:)(y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.