Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Down pipe and CAI

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sonyerickson88 
#1 ·
I'm purchasing VN PP, possibly today. Is the power increase of a DP and CAI worth the expense? Is a flash available? I know when I flashed my GTI there was a huge increase in power and torque, like 50-60 hp. Thanks.

#3 ·
No flashes available yet but remaps are. The downpipe and short ram are authorized upgrades per the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty. Remap is not if you're expecting to keep your warranty. They can also be detected via the ECU/GDS Flash Counter.:wink:
Butt dynos are not admissible evidence.:grin:

#5 ·
From multiple builds on vehicles I've done intakes don't really add much power if any and sometimes lose power. Depends more on temps. If you have a generic hot air intake you may actually lose power. Yeah you may get more race car noises but that doesn't necessarily mean more oompf. A proper cold air intake setup and piping matching to your turbo inlet should/may give a little increase and more consistent temperature. Paired with a better intercooler it should also help keep the iats down. May not lead to a big gain BUT can lead to more consistent power which can combat/bounce back from heat-soak more efficiently! Especially if you do remap or piggyback that ups the boost equating to more heat..this will help keep the temps lower than the stock setup and actually contribute to some power. The most power you will notice will be from remaps/tunes and downpipes on most turbo cars. The other stuff helps squeeze out those last little tid bits of performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.