Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready for my first track day with my N in a few weeks, so I was planning to flush out the factory brake fluid with some good DOT 4 beforehand. However, when I checked the owner's manual for the fluid capacity, I noticed that it lists DOT 4 as the recommended brake fluid. Does this car come from the factory with DOT 4 already in it? Impressive if so!

264A0348-90BF-4AEE-A683-8D083190CA37.jpeg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes and it's DOT4 LV. Although, I would still recommend swapping out for a better quality fluid if you're tracking. Not that there is an issue with the OEM fluid, but Motul/Redline are just higher quality and have higher dry/wet boiling points.

I ran OEM fluid for 3 track days and a couple of autocross events and had no issue. Just swapped out because I did the SS lines and figured it was time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran OEM fluid for 3 track days and a couple of autocross events and had no issue. Just swapped out because I did the SS lines and figured it was time.
Good to know, thanks for the info! I'll probably do the same and hold off until I do a full upgrade with pads and lines then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts