Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know to never second-guess themselves regarding their choice of buying the Veloster N.
I've either owned or test-driven every other hot hatchback on the market past and present and nothing checks off all the boxes like the N does.
Test drove the Type R, little quicker but looks hideous and too boy racer, plus exhaust sounds like a Dyson vacuum.
Test drove the Focus ST was pretty good, had horrible torque steer.
Test drove the Mini Cooper S, fun but reliability not good.
Test drove the VW Golf R and like the GTI was maybe too refined, but it was really quick especially with the DSG auto transmission. Also, very pricey.
Owned a VW GTI, overall very nice but lacking in the naughty dept, maybe too refined,also lots of understeer.
Owned a Fiesta ST and that hatchback would be my second favorite for fun to drive, just lacked hp. Great handling even to the point the rear wheel would lift during tight turns, had the best seats I've ever sat in.
Owned the mighty Focus RS and it was good in every category but comfort. Even with the suspension in its softest setting it would beat the crap out of me, and loosen your fillings if you weren't careful. Sold it after only 8 months.
The only hot hatch I can think of that I never had a chance to drive was the Mazdaspeed 3 but I've read it had the worst torque steer of any hot hatch.
The N just checks off all the boxes.
Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I never understood the crying about the speed 3 torque steer (or torque steer in general). I never once felt out of control and it actually made it kind of fun. Unless your left wrist is somehow too limp to hold on to the steering wheel, then complaining about torquesteer is just stupid IMO.
The VN is the first car since I had my speed 3 that I was excited about and it lived up to my expectations

·
Registered
38 Posts
I second this. I have owned- 2015 fbo sti, 2016 fbo 370z nismo, 2017 fbo focus Rs, 2018 challenger srt, 2020 fbo Gti, 2020 stage 1 TTs, and a current 2021 amg gla 35. The N is the only car I havnt sold and don't intend to sell. The exhaust note, awesome stock suspension, and overall driver connection is awesome. You won't find it anywhere sub 80k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts