Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
So, I tried to see how the placement for heel-toe is but I just can't figure out a comfortable way to make it work in the VN. I know they sell spacers that would move the pedals to make this easier but I don't know if I would go that route. The rev match works really great.
The spacer does help a lot. It moves it flush with the brake pedal and also an inch or two towards the brake pedal. I was able to get heel-toe down pretty good but I just find myself using auto rev matching these days and focusing more on my driving technique. One less thing to worry about. I have a spacer for sale, if you are interested DM me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes I agree the pedals are too far apart unless you’re big foot😂.
Downside: I my feet might be big enough, but I actually found my big ass work boots don't let me release the clutch easily. I always end up with my heel wedging in the the floor. I can't quite tell if it's the smartliner floormat or if the spacing is different than the R Spec (I wore the cowboy boots all the time in that one).

I actually never really learned heel-toe, though. I tend to double clutch. I've only left the rev matching on in N-custom (partly because I keep forgetting you can't toggle it in that mode for some reason). But then I still forget and blip along with the car some of the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been driving a manual car since 2001, In my first car, a '95 Ford Probe GT, I was forced to learn how to heel-toe when the idle speed control valve failed and I was too broke to fix it. Basically I had to heel-toe to keep the engine turning whenever I stopped.

Maybe that experience made me hate having to heel toe, maybe I'm just lazy, but I keep the rev matching ON at all times in the VN.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I enjoy heel-toe and practicing the art of the blip. Can be so satisfying when you get it right. It’s one of those reasons I enjoy manual transmission cars (and am saddened with their demise, and the seeming death of internal combustion... but that’s another topic). I agree with others the pedals on this this car aren’t quite spaced ideally for it, but I find it definitely do-able.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been driving a manual car since 2001, In my first car, a '95 Ford Probe GT, I was forced to learn how to heel-toe when the idle speed control valve failed and I was too broke to fix it. Basically I had to heel-toe to keep the engine turning whenever I stopped.

Maybe that experience made me hate having to heel toe, maybe I'm just lazy, but I keep the rev matching ON at all times in the VN.
Same here my first manual was in 2001 a electro blu eHonda Civic si Vtech. Then a black 97 in 2010 regular ex. I love manual but wife can’t drive it so that’s why I got a DCT.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I leave mine on 100% as I've come to terms that based on my style of heel-toeing (heel on the floor, big toe on the brake, pinky toe on the gas) the pedals are simply too far apart. I know I can learn orienting my foot sideways but I'd rather let the computer do it for me since it's A perfect at it, and B I'm trying to learn how to aim my car at high speeds on the track. Priorities. I'd sure hate to poorly execute a rev match slip off the breaker and end up in a gravel trap or a wall. I did say perfect but one place I noticed out screws up all the time is approaching stop signs at low speeds when I clutch in and have no intention of shifting...I notice it seems to want to rev the engine for no reason.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts