Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, do you use it? Or match your own revs? I turned mine off after getting the car few days later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use mine for just normal commuting as it just makes life easier going from work and back, but if I'm taking her on the twisties then I turn it off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I personally have mine off, saves me a little bit of gas lol but I definitely think it’s a cool feature to have for people barely getting into manual cars or just want to use it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally have mine off, saves me a little bit of gas lol but I definitely think it’s a cool feature to have for people barely getting into manual cars or just want to use it
Same here. I turned it off after finding out that it bounces the rpm little bit much to have a smooth downshift/upshift! I seemed to be getting little better mpg just matching my own revs. I was just curious to see if anyone here uses it on or match their revs!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mostly keep it on because I'm still learning heel-toe and don't want to drive off the side of a cliff in Malibu.

One day, I'll leave it completely off!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I turned mine off immediately. I don't drive remotely aggressive enough on the street to warrant rev matching or heel/toe driving. On the track though... that's a different story.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yup, all the time. Smooth as butter. I will occasionally turn it off to heel toe myself for nostalgia purposes, but the rev maching works so good in this car it just helps you focus on everything else when your tackling corners on the back roads.
Dont think you can find this feature on any other car in this price range...Enjoy it! 😉

·
Registered
29 Posts
I double clutch (to include rev-matching the the main and input shafts) due to years of driving Subarus and their agrarian-grade transmissions. I leave mine set to “Sport” to slowly break the habit. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I turned mine off immediately. I don't drive remotely aggressive enough on the street to warrant rev matching or heel/toe driving. On the track though... that's a different story.
I get what you're saying here but rev-matching a downshift doesn't imply you're driving hard. It's just a smoother, less drivetrain-jarring way to downshift.

Personally, I tend to leave mine off if I'm just puttering around in traffic. But with aggressive backroad driving, I turn it on so I can focus on controlling the car and being smooth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts