Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
46 Male - Blue Veloster N base that I got new for a good deal (23k) - Leftover 2019

#midlifecrisis

·
Registered
1 Posts
Male
Married
2 teenagers
IT guy
2020 white PP, purchased in November, 2019
Best car I've ever owned

Previous:
2017 Accord Coupe Touring, Auto
2013 Accord Sport, 6MT
2010 Mazda 3 Sport Hatch, 6MT
2005 4Runner Sport V8 AWD, Auto
2003 Acura RSX Type S, 6MT
2002 Maxima SE, Auto
1998 Accord EX, 5MT
1995 Nissan Pickup, 5MT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0, 5MT
1988 Mustang GT, 5MT
1980 Camaro Z28, Auto

·
Registered
2 Posts
76 and single
Car collector building hot hatch/pocket rocket subgroup within the collection:
PP Veloster N
Veloster Turbo
Focus ST, RS
Fiesta ST
Fiat Abarth 500
Fiat Abarth Berlina Corsa
Mini 1275
Mini JW GP
VW GTI, R
Too many more in the total collection to list

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am 32 married
no kids
USMC veteran
horse trainer/polo player (the horse kind not the water kind)
bought a 2020 White N pp

I have had too many cars to list but I have had ever generation of STI a B4 legacy 240s a R33 Skyline 2JZGTE Aristo and so on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
76 and single
PP Veloster N
Veloster Turbo
Focus ST, RS
Fiesta ST
Fiat Abarth 500
Mini 1275
Mini JW GP
VW GTI, R
You are my HERO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
62, had too many cars to list, first turbo car was a 2008 Cobalt SS LNF. Tuned and flogged to 400 whp. Currently have a 2012 Camaro Transformer ed. SLP blown Ls3 6 sp manual on corn. 650whp.
Got a V N pp yesterday, black. Love it.
Had a 13 Veloster turbo for 145k miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
well i am 59 single daily driver and love the car i maytrade up and get a PP but that will be next year i;m just having to much fun with the car I have just over 19000 miles of fun with her so far /

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 32 married
no kids
USMC veteran
horse trainer/polo player (the horse kind not the water kind)
bought a 2020 White N pp

I have had too many cars to list but I have had ever generation of STI a B4 legacy 240s a R33 Skyline 2JZGTE Aristo and so on.
so where would you rank the N on your list of favorites?

·
Registered
72 Posts
76 and single
PP Veloster N
Veloster Turbo
Focus ST, RS
Fiesta ST
Fiat Abarth 500
Mini 1275
Mini JW GP
VW GTI, R
This list is full cars I’ve lusted after for years. Do you have a favorite? Top three?

·
Registered
6 Posts
67 year old happily divorced guy. I've always been into sports cars. Driving the N with the Performance Package is a treat. I have to decide if I want to track the car or not. I would like to get this car on Road Atlanta and see how it does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
32 yo Male. Married, no kids. Always owned small cars.

87 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GTS
02 Chevy Corvette Z06
02 Kia Spectra (don't ask)
06 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
08 Honda Civic EX
20 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport

If I was only able to own 1 car, I honestly think it would be the VNPP. It's a complete package that is just so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
47 year old IT engineering manager, married, one kid in high school. I live small, turbocharged vehicles and autocrossing them, along with mountain biking and skateboarding.

I had a 2019 Veloster R-Spec and one unsecured truckload of chalk later, I’m in a red 2020 N PP.

I tend to modify things. A lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys...I'm 53, male and retired Air Force and a Systems Engineer. I just bought my 2020 VN PP...plan to use it as a commuter/daily driver. I guess if I have to have a commuter, it might as well be fun...and you can't beat the warranty.

I've been lucky enough to had a lot of great cars...currently my other ride is a 2018 Challenger Hellcat - the slow 707HP, regular fender version and one of the best, most fun cars I've ever owned. Otherwise, I drive a 2017 RAM truck and a 2018 HD Heritage Softail. I have indeed been blessed.

Take care...

·
Registered
60 Posts
62, had too many cars to list, first turbo car was a 2008 Cobalt SS LNF. Tuned and flogged to 400 whp. Currently have a 2012 Camaro Transformer ed. SLP blown Ls3 6 sp manual on corn. 650whp.
Got a V N pp yesterday, black. Love it.
Had a 13 Veloster turbo for 145k miles.
LoL crazy number on the SS...hey give us some feedback on the 13 VT. It was a DFI motor right? Did you ever do anything to mitigate carbon buildup, any BG services or catch can? Why did you get rid of it? (y)

·
Registered
60 Posts
47 year old IT engineering manager, married, one kid in high school. I live small, turbocharged vehicles and autocrossing them, along with mountain biking and skateboarding.

I had a 2019 Veloster R-Spec and one unsecured truckload of chalk later, I’m in a red 2020 N PP.

I tend to modify things. A lot.
Cool man. What are some of the differences you've experienced after driving both cars? How do they compare?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The R-Spec was a weird car that I really liked. However, if the N was actually getting delivered in the US when I got that car (January 4th, 2019) I'm sure I would have bought that instead. I drove it a few times between College Station and DFW for work, but I normally work from home and only drive to take my daughter to school (not really an issue right now). I loved how light it was and I had changed several parts out on it. I autocrossed it a couple times before the local club lost their facility, and I haven't bothered to drive two hours each way to run in Houston. I might do that for this car though.

What was odd about the R-Spec was the annoying throttle control it would perform in Sport mode, and the suspension. I hated how non-linear the throttle response was, but the suspension handled poor surfaces really, really well without the worst in body roll I've ever experienced. But I do like that I don't have the Forward Collision Avoidance system anymore. It was a nightmare to contend with in DFW traffic, and when the windshield had to be replaced I had to leave it at a shop to get the cameras recalibrated. Having lived in TX and AZ for a long time, I prefer to have windshields replaced at home or in a parking lot instead of dropping it off somewhere and arranging for a lift. :)

81 - 100 of 115 Posts